WinAntivirus Pro 2007: Red Alert archived

Good point - it's always nice to be asked.

By the way, Monster, what does YOUR ringtone sound like?

No more looking for cool, ambient ringtones? Was this a decision, or a result of simply not being able to figure out how to get the 'special' ringtone that you wanted? cheese I mean, every 9 year old in the village seems to have a unique ring tone on their phone - perhaps their parents helped them to make it work.

I guess the only thing to say is, "The cellphone culture is full of a lot of really dumb people". Perhaps when you get your computer fixed you could resume your quest for that extra-special ringtone...

hahaha, my ringtone is, the bells of St. Mary's

okay, not really

Posted By: caseNo more looking for cool, ambient ringtones? Was this a decision, or a result of simply not being able to figure out how to get the 'special' ringtone that you wanted? cheese I mean, every 9 year old in the village seems to have a unique ring tone on their phone - perhaps their parents helped them to make it work.

I guess the only thing to say is, "The cellphone culture is full of a lot of really dumb people". Perhaps when you get your computer fixed you could resume your quest for that extra-special ringtone...

This is your way of drumming up business?

Not me - I rarely do any computer work these days, preferring to send Monster the referrals.

Of course, I'm still available to help people... that'll never change... in fact, I would have offered to fix Ligeti's computer but I was afraid that I might laugh myself to death in the process.

:wink:

I'm sure it would be a pleasure for him if you laughed at him while you "helped" him.

Weren't you the one that mentioned something about Ligeti having 'made his bed' on this one?

Besides... if I fixed his computer I would just be enabling his growing dependence upon technology. He should use this malware infection as an opportunity to cast off the fetters of the Internet, reject the digital lifestyle, blah blah blah blah, blah blah blah, and other negative comments about technology.

The irony is just delicious... but perhaps you wouldn't agree.

And finally.... because for some reason I don't like to edit posts.... I wouldn't be laughing AT him - I'd be laughing ABOUT him.

How do you know I haven't reached a turning point -- and am ready to vigorously embrace the digital lifestyle as a result of this experience?

What gadgets will I need?

Posted By: caseWeren't you the one that mentioned something about Ligeti having 'made his bed' on this one?

I think I did say that, though I think the context was a little different. So yeah, I tease him, too. Most of us can take it. :wink:

ligeti,

The same thing happened to me last night. Needless to say, I am POed. Tom said that you never resolved it. If you did, please tell me now. If not, did you wipe and resinstall?

I would appreciate any help. Thank you in advance.

Planning to wipe and reinstall Windows shortly. I bought s subscription to SpyHunter, which didn't seem to help. I was able to get a good radialpoint tech rep to eliminate many of the bugs (incl. WinAntiVirus 2007) but other IE explorer popups somehow snuck in and I still have issues. Do you have Verizon Internet Security Suite, btw?

Once we wipe and reinstall, I going to ditch Verizon and use another anti-virus/spyware service. I never had problems of this kind until I started relying on Verizon. Whisper to me if you want additional details. It is very hard to get of this thing.

sidrn, you should try calling Verizon and explaining you have an Internet Security Suite issue that you feel you need Radialpoint support on (the regular tech people cannot handle this one). So they'll transfer you over to a different division, and will take over your computer remotely (in the Safe Mode) by going into the registry and running special programs. It seemed to work for me as far as Win AntiVirus (which appears to be gone); popups are now my problem, even though I am using Verizon's popup blocker. But all my problems originate with the WinAntivirus 2007 attack. Good luck.

You can not reply as this discussion is Closed!