What series should I watch next?

Just binge watched The Hatfields and McCoys.  Decent.  Not great.  It didn't know if it wanted to be good cinema or just a good Western.  I didn't regret the 5 hours or so that it took to watch it.

boomie said:

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

I'm watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon. It's up and down but there are some brilliant moments. Lots of Jewish cultural and 50s hip references. (Lenny Bruce is a recurring character.) I'm quite enjoying it. 

Anyone else watching it? 

ETA: There are moments when the "Jewish" dialogue sounds like it's written by goyim trying too hard. 

Yep.  I love it, especially when it goes dark...and she walks onto the stage.

I saw the pilot and loved it. Haven't been able to see any more episodes because I can't coordinate it with Mrs. C (who loved the parts she was awake for.)  (I just read her my post and she laughed.)

Watching Godless on Netflix. Five episodes in out of seven total. Very good.

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

I'm watching The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel on Amazon. It's up and down but there are some brilliant moments. Lots of Jewish cultural and 50s hip references. (Lenny Bruce is a recurring character.) I'm quite enjoying it. 

Anyone else watching it? 

ETA: There are moments when the "Jewish" dialogue sounds like it's written by goyim trying too hard. 

Yep, we loved it.  I'd really like to know more about its history.  Feels like a play for the stage that got filmed...  I wish the character gave more credit to her built in babysitters...

And The Crown is magic!

Best Regards,

Ron Carter

The Big Family Cooking Showdown on Netflix.British families compete and it really is lots of fun and the food is marvelous. The judges Rosemary and Georgio are real characters but they do a good job and of course,The Crown.

As good as The Great British Baking show?  That's my all time favorite cooking show. 

galileo said:

The Big Family Cooking Showdown on Netflix.British families compete and it really is lots of fun and the food is marvelous. The judges Rosemary and Georgio are real characters but they do a good job and of course,The Crown.

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel was nominated for 2 Golden Globe awards: Best TV Series, Comedy, and Best Actress in a TV Series, Comedy (Rachael Brosnahan).

jeffl-The Great British Baking Show is great. This one has a different style and is equally appealing. Check it out.

Try Godless on Netflix.  I'm thinking Americur might be better as a place run by only women.

Best Regards,

Ron Carter

Thanks for the recommendations of Godless. Michelle Dockery (Mary in Downton Abbey) is really good!

It seems only the pilot episode is available but I LOVE YOU MORE on Amazon is a real gas. 21st century TV. Liberated TV. Inclusive TV. Sexy TV. Very funny TV.

Bridget Everett stars.

Need I say more?

This is in the "if you like" category.  If you like the comedy horror series "Ash vs. Evil Dead," based on the cult Evil Dead movies, you'll like the (weirdly) similarly named and themed "Stan Against Evil" on IFC.    It's mostly silly, with mercifully short episodes (21 minutes), and a great off beat cast, led by cranky John C. McGinley (Dr. Cox from Scrubs and a Millburn High School grad!).

My wife, who is usually averse to horror and bloodshed in movies, loves both shows.

Recovering from a minor surgery this weekend - binge-watching Great British Baking Show, mentioned above.  Love it.

+1

cramer said:

The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel was nominated for 2 Golden Globe awards: Best TV Series, Comedy, and Best Actress in a TV Series, Comedy (Rachael Brosnahan).

The trailer looks crazy good. 

unicorn33 said:

+1
cramer said:

angelak said:

Recovering from a minor surgery this weekend - binge-watching Great British Baking Show, mentioned above.  Love it.

Get better quickly, my dear....

Thank you, Mr. T!

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

angelak said:

Get better quickly, my dear....

Not only my favorite cooking show, but one of my favorite shows in any category.  

angelak said:

Finished it last night. My spouse and I both loved it.

bub said:

The trailer looks crazy good. 

unicorn33 said:

+1
cramer said:

Just started Alias Grace on Netflix. I'm only into episode 3 but it's a good pace, has great acting and I'm looking forward to finding out Grace's fate. 

cramer said:

Thanks for the recommendations of Godless. Michelle Dockery (Mary in Downton Abbey) is really good!

Michelle Dockery is also phenomenal in TNT's Good Behavior. She plays a woman with a drugged filled, thieving past who is trying to get her life together...sort of. It's a great show. 

I'm starting to get into The Man In The High Castle.

Liar on Sundance, starring Joanne Froggatt (Anna Bates from Downton Abbey), is topical and sudsy in the most binge-worthy way. SundanceNow is running a trial offer of one free month.

Peaky Blinders, Season 4, was available on Netflix Thursday. One of my favorite series and one of the best. 

Going to watch Gunpowder. Love historical drama, period sets, lavish costumes. Oh and Kit Harington.

I watched Gunpowder. Very gripping and violent. Some scenes I couldn't watch. Acting, settings and scenery are excellent.

Season Two of EASY on Netflix is, like Season 1, sexy and funny and modern. I love this show. Some of the same characters as Season 1 although most characters and stories are new. All stand-alone episodes. Timothy Simons, who plays Jonah Ryan on Veep (the tall insecure guy) is in an episode.

Did I say the show is sexy?

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

Season Two of EASY on Netflix is, like Season 1, sexy and funny and modern. I love this show. Some of the same characters as Season 1 although most characters and stories are new. All stand-alone episodes. Timothy Simons, who plays Jonah Ryan on Veep (the tall insecure guy) is in an episode.

Did I say the show is sexy?

How much is Netflix. I looked at their site and they offer a free month but I don't feel enthused about talking to sales. I am weeping over my cable bill package but I'm hooked on HBO and cable news. Do I need to subscribe to Netflix as well?

You don't have to have cable to get HBOGo. 

Here's one site that streams news.

Netflix starts at $8 a month. Season 4 of Peaky Blinders is worth at least 10 times that.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!