What series should I watch next?

Loved it!

Gioamorim said:

Narcos, anyone?

Fortitude on Amazon prime. Oh. My. God. 

I'm on episode 4 of "Making a Murderer". It would be gut wrenching if it was fiction. The fact that these are real people makes it even more tragic.

Anyone else watching American Crime on ABC? The acting is really great.  I'm totally hooked.

During Christmas week we watched "River"  Highly recommend it!  Here are some others as well:

http://www.indiewire.com/article/6-new-netflix-shows-to-binge-watch-in-november-2015-and-the-best-episodes-of-each-20151030

mem said:

Fortitude on Amazon prime. Oh. My. God. 

+1

debby said:

Anyone else watching American Crime on ABC? The acting is really great.  I'm totally hooked.

I'm watching it too and agree with you.  Unfortunately, not enough of us are  because the ratings are not good at all.  I just don't understand why a quality show like this can't find an audience.

Has anyone watched the Denis Leary show on FX called, I think, "Sex & Drugs & Rock & Roll?" I liked "Rescue Me" very much, but haven't jumped into this one yet.

How/where do I find American Crime Season ONE? 

American Crime is heavy, but so great.  The female leads especially are incredible. (Regina King, Felicity Huffman and Lilly Taylor).  Amazing how they all transformed from last season to this.

Agreed. Felicity Huffman is particularly good - I think Emmy worthy.  Also, the boy who plays Taylor is incredible.

We just started "Mad Dogs" on Amazon Prime, and it is pretty captivating.

deep into the 6th season of Shameless and loving it grin

We're enjoying River, a BBC police procedural with an interesting twist (apologies if this was already mentioned).  We weren't entirely sold on the first episode (is this going to be too weird???), but now we're sold and enjoying it a lot.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3628289

Loving the one season of Better off Ted and I can't get enough of Arrested Development.

I have really been enjoying the new version of War & Peace as a four-part mini-series on the Lifetime channel. Lots of familiar actors and a very very good ensemble effort. I'm on episode three, but I think you can get them all On Demand.

My sister-in-law's new show - The Catch - premieres next month! She costars with Peter Krause (from Parenthood and Six Feet Under).  ABC on Thursday nights.

Oh, thanks for the reminder about that one! I had seen a preview ages ago and it looked like fun.

We are nearly done with the first season of Broadchurch - wow, we're really enjoying it!! It was a big struggle to turn it off last night with two episodes to go.

"Lillyhammer" ...for anyone who got a kick out of Stevie Van Zandt's character in "The Sopranos."

Also, "The Detectorists."

jeffl said:

Loved it!

Gioamorim said:

Narcos, anyone?

Me too. 

I'm watching the White Queen on Amazon. 10 part series about the War of the Roses. I'm addicted.

GL2 said:

"Lillyhammer" ...for anyone who got a kick out of Stevie Van Zandt's character in "The Sopranos."

I had trouble getting into "Lillehammer".  Is it really good, or just derivative of The Sopranos?

composerjohn said:

GL2 said:

I had trouble getting into "Lillehammer".  Is it really good, or just derivative of The Sopranos?

Me, too. I watched a few episodes and got tired of Silvio Dante all over again. It's a long run for a short slide....

Stumbled across "You Me and the Apocalypse." What a well-written, well-acted, well-executed show... and with a great premise and driving storyline too!

noo2wood said:

Stumbled across "You Me and the Apocalypse." What a well-written, well-acted, well-executed show... and with a great premise and driving storyline too!

I almost stopped that one by the first commercial break and I'm really glad I didn't. It's surprisingly very good!

composerjohn said:

GL2 said:

It's kind of a spoof, juxtaposing Mafioso tactics with naive Norwegians. His right-hand man is a hoot, IMO.

But, as you say, it's the same caricature.

mjh said:

We're enjoying River, a BBC police procedural with an interesting twist (apologies if this was already mentioned).  We weren't entirely sold on the first episode (is this going to be too weird???), but now we're sold and enjoying it a lot.

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3628289

Thank you for the recommendation of River. I really like Nicola Walker, and the way it shows off London at night. Great binge for a snowy day!

dave said:

Detectorists

Just been watching this. Very funny, in a "last of the summer wine" sort of way.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Rentals

Advertise here!