The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

DaveSchmidt said:

drummerboy said:

Why Dick Wright?

Because Dick Can.

oops. didn't realize he was the cartoonist. I saw "caglecartoons" and I thought his name was cagle something or other.

drummerboy said:

Why Dick Wright?

Because in America, there is no Dick Left.

ridski said:

drummerboy said:

Why Dick Wright?

Because in America, there is no Dick Left.

It depends.

penile fracture?

no thanks.

The things you’re allowed to broadly advertise always surprises us!  oh oh

(We’re not allowed to have such medical ads for tv etc)

If it were anyone other than one of the architects of the Capitol Riot which literally left police officers dead and wounded, I might condemn this but, if you live by the sword, well, you know how that goes.

NY Post: Rudy Slappe On the Back

You would think Giuliani would know better than to show his face in public. If anybody sees a crowdsource for this guys legal defense let me know.  I will definitely contribute.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/11/us/who-died-in-capitol-building-attack.html

attack on the Capitol.

UPDATE: New information has emerged regarding the death of the Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick that questions the initial cause of his death provided by officials close to the Capitol Police.

One had dreamed of becoming a police officer and was injured in a clash with rioters. One was an Air Force veteran and a fervent supporter of President Trump who was shot by the police. Three others were Trump loyalists — including one who sold kangaroos dressed like the president — who suffered what the authorities called “medical emergencies.”

These five people from disparate backgrounds and different corners of the country now share one fate: Their lives all ended last week as a mob incited by Mr. Trump stormed the Capitol.

Oh what tangled webs we weave, when first we learn how to deceive….

mtierney said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/11/us/who-died-in-capitol-building-attack.html

attack on the Capitol.

UPDATE: New information has emerged regarding the death of the Capitol Police officer Brian Sicknick that questions the initial cause of his death provided by officials close to the Capitol Police.

One had dreamed of becoming a police officer and was injured in a clash with rioters. One was an Air Force veteran and a fervent supporter of President Trump who was shot by the police. Three others were Trump loyalists — including one who sold kangaroos dressed like the president — who suffered what the authorities called “medical emergencies.”

These five people from disparate backgrounds and different corners of the country now share one fate: Their lives all ended last week as a mob incited by Mr. Trump stormed the Capitol.

Oh what tangled webs we weave, when first we learn how to deceive….

is there some reason you're posting something from a year and a half ago?

And who was being deceptive?

GoSlugs said:

If it were anyone other than one of the architects of the Capitol Riot which literally left police officers dead and wounded, I might condemn this but, if you live by the sword, well, you know how that goes.

NY Post: Rudy Slapped

You would think Giuliani would know better than to show his face in public. If anybody sees a crowdsource for this guys legal defense let me know.  I will definitely contribute.

I didn't read the story. Was it done by one of his ex-wives?

nohero said:

GoSlugs said:

NY Post: Rudy Slapped

I didn't read the story. Was it done by one of his ex-wives?

It was some random guy, and the slap was on the back. Not very dramatic.

Looks like Rudy is so full of it that somehow it’s leaking out of his ears…

Rudy is, predictably, playing it like an Italian footballer.

If you can't take backslapping and glad-handing, stay out of politics

drummerboy said:

is there some reason you're posting something from a year and a half ago?

And who was being deceptive?

There was an earlier post I was responding which incorrectly stated the 1/6 casualty count.

Take a guess who the poster was

mtierney said:

There was an earlier post I was responding which incorrectly stated the 1/6 casualty count.

You're misinterpreting the article. 

nohero said:

mtierney said:

You are not the poster. 

mtierney said:

nohero said:

mtierney said:

You are not the poster. 

So what?

mtierney said:

It’s been awhile….

Unless one knows whether the "Disapprove" means "We should do more of what the GOP wants" or "We should do less of what the GOP wants", the poll isn't very informative.

nohero said:

Unless one knows whether the "Disapprove" means "We should do more of what the GOP wants" or "We should do less of what the GOP wants", the poll isn't very informative.

It is a big reach, even for you, nohero! If the numbers were reversed, i.e. 60.01% in favor with 34.4% disapproving, you wouldn’t find that “informative” ?

mtierney said:

nohero said:

It is a big reach, even for you, nohero! If the numbers were reversed, i.e. 60.01% in favor with 34.4% disapproving, you wouldn’t find that “informative” ?

I wouldn't know if the 34.% wanted him to be more like the GOP or less like the GOP.

mtierney said:

I said that police died during the Trumpist Insurrection.  Mtierney is arguing that Officer Brian Sicknick, who died of multiple strokes shortly after being beaten by traitors and sprayed with chemical weapons cannot be considered a casualty of the attack.

To my mind, the fact that she would argue this tells us more about her than it does about the events of that day.

So when are you going to tell us how  Mrs K is doing?

I was relieved to hear that the dog, Mrs O is on the mend.

mtierney said:

So when are you going to tell us how  Mrs K is doing?

I was relieved to hear that the dog, Mrs O is on the mend.

I understand you are going on about something.  I have no idea what it is.  As I just said  on the Papal thread (although in a different context)  communicating badly, then acting smug when you're misunderstood is not cleverness.

I wasn’t born yesterday — or even the day before. 

Look for style, substance, the suppressed anger years in the making, and then check for DNA and finger prints, but gut feelings are required.

mtierney can't tell the difference between Vancouver and Edmonton.

I've been steadily posting here under the same account for more than six years (I had a different account before that but I lost access to it in one of the transitions).  At least two posters here know me IRL. If you are trying to suggest that I am some sort of false flag operation, well, that would be a really, REALLY long con.  

Could it be that your flaws are less well hidden than you think?  Possibly perceivable by two, three or even ten other posters?

As for your anti slug bigotry.

cheese

I saw this on a Facebook page for Americans living in Canada.

The trickle of people inquiring about moving had already turned into a flood after Uvalde.  Since the Forced Birth decision, it as become a tsunami.

Some damning testimony at the hearing currently on. Trump knew the rally supporters were armed and was upset that they were being forced to go through magnetometers and having weapons confiscated. "They're not here to hurt me," he said. He knew they would be marching to the capitol. In his speech he urged them to march to the capitol. Again, knowing they were armed.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.