Warren Buffett-misogynist leader of the S&P 100? archived

I don't mean from a tax standpoint. The s-corp loophole is egregious. I mean, for example, are they subject to the ACA and other laws that exclude companies under a certain size (by personnel)?

Actually the Board of Berkshire Hathaway is fairly diverse:

The current members of the board of directors of Berkshire Hathaway are Warren Buffett, Charlie Munger, Walter Scott, Jr., Thomas S. Murphy, Howard Graham Buffett, Ronald Olson, Donald Keough, Charlotte Guyman, David Gottesman, Bill Gates, Stephen Burke and Susan Decker.[23]

I saw Buffet interviewed on Squawk earlier in the week. The actual number of employees of the holding company is under 50 if I recall correctly.

Because he has been honest and straight forward about the amount of tax he pays and considers the amount ridiculous, he has been one of the main targets of the right over the last few years. He is also criticized for not making voluntary payments to the government because of his views.

bobk said:

Actually the Board of Berkshire Hathaway is fairly diverse:

The current members of the board of directors of Berkshire Hathaway are Warren Buffett, Charlie Munger, Walter Scott, Jr., Thomas S. Murphy, Howard Graham Buffett, Ronald Olson, Donald Keough, Charlotte Guyman, David Gottesman, Bill Gates, Stephen Burke and Susan Decker.[23]

Huh? Two women? Or are some transgendered?

I see two women unless you think either Charlotte or Susan is a man's nam.e

tjohn said:

Pretty sure I've heard a song about a boy named one of those.

Why is this thread in "Virtual Cafe" as opposed to Soapbox-Politics or, at least, Soapbox?

Jackson_Fusion said:

Offered with neutral comment- Buffett's leftist credentials can't be seriously doubted. What is surprising is that many don't know far to the left he is and has been for years, despite the public persona he has as the folksy Oracle. He doesn't hide it.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jerrybowyer/2012/11/29/when-warren-went-left-the-ideological-seduction-of-warren-buffett/

Dude, did you actually read this? The author using his powers as amateur Freudian psychologist actually suggests that Buffet's support for economic justice is not based on considered thought, but comes from his loins? So, sometimes a tax policy isn't a tax policy!

Here are choice excerpts

"Warren Buffett has released his annual encyclical on the need to raise taxes for the wealthy, from the New York Times, the de facto cathedral of the Church of Enlightened Envy."

"That by adopting the Buffett Rule as the new operating principle of American tax reform, we’re not tapping into the best that his higher brain functions have to offer, but instead taking his own private psycho-drama of paternal conflict and hard coding it into the law of the land."

"My point here is not to judge their moral conduct, but to evaluate the degree to which Warren was emotionally captivated by Susan who was at once his ideological mentor, his sexual goddess, his gateway to social acceptance, and his therapist, who Warren would later say pulled out ‘every one’ of the claws that his conservative mother had left in him."

You gotta be kidding!

What a piece of trash Forbes has become.

And you didn't even quote all the "Jewish" nonsense in the article.

First of all, the word is "chauvinist." There is no evidence of any misogyny here.

Second, Buffet is late to the game of Progressivism. It's going to take him awhile to undo decades of being the glorified King of the Omaha Trailer-Parks.

It doesn't matter how many women BH has on its Board. Buffet blew the cover off the JLD lie that the rich pay taxes in this country and that the best thing you and I can do for ourselves is give all of our money to a rich person and live vicariously thru him. I can still remember it as clear as day. Undid billions of dollars worth of bull***** rhetoric. I can still remember CNBC sitting there trying to spin it. That day, Buffet became the OBL of feudal cocklickers like Steve Forbes. And JLD.

LOST said:

And you didn't even quote all the "Jewish" nonsense in the article.

Nope. Had to make a choice. "Jewish" nonsense or wackadoodle psychoprofiling.
It was a tough choice. cool cheese

Feudal what, RVM, lol? As a leader Buffett chooses to take a tiny salary taxable at regular income rates and instead recompenses himself in a way to shield his income from ordinary taxes. Then he hides behind his secretary's skirt.

What a progressive!

Jackson_Fusion said:

tjohn said:

I'll ask her if her daddy left home when she was 3. Might trip her up into revealing that she is really a man.

tjohn said:

Jackson_Fusion said:

tjohn said:

I'll ask her if her daddy left home when she was 3. Might trip her up into revealing that she is really a man.

And on a related note, ask if she knows anyone who shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

You can not reply as this discussion is Closed!