Trump has ordered strikes against Syria

Is someone going to tell Trump that to North Korea, "de-nuclearization" means that the U.S. gets out of South Korea?

dave23 said:

BCC said:

Policy is how you go about achieving a goal and you still have that reading problem..

I did not say I don't agree with Trump's Mid-East policy, I said:

'He indicated he would like to get out of the Middle East and leave it to the locals. There is a great deal of push back on that by people he trusts and it remains to be seen where he will come down on that, at which point I will decide whether to support him or not.'
You are correct in your definition of policy, and Trump's stated goal still needs a policy, as you suggest.
Your ongoing personal insults aside,I've been forthcoming about the (few) areas that I agree with Trump's stated goals. Do you have any?

No insults, I'm simply explaining to you why you are wrong. You continue to misstate what I write and I pointed out where and why. I'm glad you finally see that Trump has still to come up with a policy on handling the mess in Syria and I neither agree or disagree with a policy that has yet to be formed..

The policy with NOKO is to get them to disarm and avoid a war and so far it is moving in the right direction, or do you disagree.

Kim has his own policies which will become evident soon enough but to imply we are not driving the policy with NOKO is nonsense.

Pompeo meets Kim to set up meeting with Trump - Trump refusing to lift sanctions and Kim still agreeing to discuss denuclearizing – SOKO sitting down with NOKO to talk about a peace treaty with thousands of US troops behind him – the ending of missile launches and bomb tests -

And we are not driving this?

The Mirror Image never fails.

BCC said:

No insults, I'm simply explaining to you why you are wrong. You continue to misstate what I write and I pointed out where and why. I'm glad you finally see that Trump has still to come up with a policy on handling the mess in Syria and I neither agree or disagree with a policy that has yet to be formed..

You can certainly be critical of his failure to come up with any policy,

but, more to the point, what would you like to see as the policy?

LOST said:

LOST said:

BCC said:

LOST said:

BCC said:
 When I asked for someone who supported Trump on a major issue there was no response. The mirror image is intact.
 Not true. I responded. How can one support Trump on a major issue if he is constantly changing his position? If I am wrong tell me a major issue on which you support Trump?

Kindly give me a link to your response
 See below
 The foregoing was just two posts above one of yours.
LOST said:

LOST said:
I agreed with Trump's position on Syria but then he changed it.
I agreed to an extent with Trump's position on DACA but then he changed it.
I agreed to an extent with Trump's position on guns but then he changed it.

This is the problem with discussing whether one agrees or disagrees with a Trump policy. Even his chosen ambassador to the UN has that problem.

I will take your word on what you agreed with but I don't ever recall you posting it before you changed your mind. Maybe I missed it?

BCC said:

I'm simply explaining to you why you are wrong.

Dunning-Kruger Effect

I didn't change my mind, Trump changed his mind.

I may try researching my own comments.

LOST said:

BCC said:

Less of a point what I would like, more to the point, when a policy is forthcoming I want to see why it was chosen and what are it's negatives.

I will also point out that in every post I answered the writer was trashing trump, even when it looked like he was making headway with Kim. Just a coincidence?

I agree with Trump when he said the election was rigged. In his favor.

BCC said:

The policy with NOKO is to get them to disarm and avoid a war and so far it is moving in the right direction, or do you disagree.

So is that it? There's no other Trump "policy" you agree with? Just North Korea?

ml1 said:

BCC said:

I'm simply explaining to you why you are wrong.
Dunning-Kruger Effect

No, you are insulting me because you ave no answer to what I wrote. When you post nonsense don't be surprised if someone calls you out.

I'm confident that the readers of this thread can decide whose argument is nonsense. 

dave23 said:

BCC said:

So is that it? There's no other Trump "policy" you agree with? Just North Korea?

Do you disagree or don't you?

BCC said:

dave23 said:

BCC said:

Oy vey. I don't consider a goal to be the same as a policy but as I stated earlier I'm fine with Trump meeting in person with Kim Jong Un. I consider to be pretty small stuff and not exactly movement, but I support the approach (again).

So, is there any other policy of Trump's that you agree with?

ml1 said:
I'm confident that the readers of this thread can decide whose argument is nonsense. 

You can feel confident, you are preaching to the quoir.

Who else would agree that the US is not driving the NOKO situation? Only some one with superior intellect, like you.

I'm not particularly supportive of bilateral talks between the U.S. and North Korea.  It's not because it's Trump's idea.  But I'd be more in favor of a Six Party solution to the issues on the Korean peninsula.  Just as I think we should have stayed part of the TPP instead of trying to have bilateral agreements with the individual nations and the U.S. 

BCC said:

Only some one with superior intellect, like you.

There's only one person in these discussions claiming superior intellect, and it's not me.

dave23 said:

BCC said:

dave23 said:

BCC said:

Oy vey. I don't consider a goal to be the same as a policy but as I stated earlier I'm fine with Trump meeting in person with Kim Jong Un. I consider to be pretty small stuff and not exactly movement, but I support the approach (again).

When I get around to it I will choose one and when you disagree, as you surely will, I will once again explain to you why you are wrong.

ml1 said:

BCC said:

There's only one person in these discussions claiming superior intellect, and it's not me.

Calling you a superior' intellect 'was sarcasm. Sorry you missed it

What kind of a superior intellect would post the nonsense you posted and then try to insult his way out?

BCC said:
 When I get around to it I will choose one and when you disagree, as you surely will, I will once again explain to you why you are wrong.

You demand so much of others that you refuse to give. 

You decry MOL "choir" for opposing Trump for its own sake and insist they repeatedly list the things they might agree with him on. Yet when asked the same of you--after much hedging, circuitous writing and insults--you simply won't. 

BCC - Why so confrontational and defensive? Can you keep it to a discussion instead of criticising?

BCC said:

LOST said:

Less of a point what I would like, more to the point, when a policy is forthcoming I want to see why it was chosen and what are it's negatives.

So you have no opinion? If Trump consulted you you would not offer one?

How will you know why a certain policy was chosen?

BCC said:

dave23 said:

I would guess that you likely will choose the contrary of the opinions of dave23, ml1, et. al. or what you anticipate as their opinions  so that you can engage in an argument.

dave23 said:

BCC said:
You demand so much of others that you refuse to give. 
You decry MOL "choir" for opposing Trump for its own sake and insist they repeatedly list the things they might agree with him on. Yet when asked the same of you--after much hedging, circuitous writing and insults--you simply won't. 

mem said:
BCC - Why so confrontational and defensive? Can you keep it to a discussion instead of criticising?

I guess he enjoys it. You or I may come here to discuss as we would do with friends. BCC comes here for a debate. It may be tedious but there is no rule against it.

BCC said:

ml1 said:

BCC said:
 Calling you a superior' intellect 'was sarcasm. Sorry you missed it
What kind of a superior intellect would post the nonsense you posted and then try to insult his way out?

either you're trolling us, or you truly are lacking in any speck of self-awareness.

LOST said:

mem said:
 I guess he enjoys it. You or I may come here to discuss as we would do with friends. BCC comes here for a debate. It may be tedious but there is no rule against it.

If you call it a debate.  As Monty Python put it in "The Argument Sketch":

Man: An argument isn't just contradiction.

Other Man: Well! it CAN be!

Man: No it can't! An argument is a connected series of statements intended to establish a proposition.

Other Man: No it isn't!

Man: Yes it is! It isn't just contradiction.

Other Man: Look, if I *argue* with you, I must take up a contrary position!

Man: Yes but it isn't just saying 'no it isn't'.

Other Man: Yes it is!

Man: No it isn't!

but it's the most brilliant contradiction you've ever seen.  People are in awe.

As seen on The Book of Face, an example of how one can't figure out what "Trump policy" to support -

that's just you with your knee-jerking.

ml1 said:
that's just you with your knee-jerking.

BCC warned us about this. He's the Cassandra of MOL, and none of us believed him.

Both stories are "fake news" from the "failing New York Times".

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.