The Trump Agenda

it's not an outrage. But it's a childish taunt. It's Endora continuing to call Darren by "Durwood" or "Donald."

I'll buy that. Which is why spending more than ten seconds on it is a waste of time.

I wouldn't write a letter. But if somebody on a message board refers to the "Democrat Party," I'll point out the error. And assume the person is a dittohead.

ctrzaska said:

I'll buy that. Which is why spending more than ten seconds on it is a waste of time.

once you know better but continue to make the same reference it becomes obvious that you are not interested in communication and discussion but rather interested in insulting and tweaking.

I suppose pointing it out on a board fits in ten seconds, so that'll work.

I'm no fan of insulting, but tweaking doesn't bother me in the least.

As I have said everyone wants to fight the last war.

In my completely unscientific opinion the number of people who voted for Trump solely because of their personal detest for Hillary Clinton combined with those who would tend to vote Dem but stayed home for that same reason greatly exceeds Trump's margin of victory in the States that tipped the Electoral College to him.

Whether the number of those who voted for Clinton because they personally detest Trump and those who stayed home for that same reason is more or less Clinton's margin of victory in the popular vote is uncertain.

What I am saying is that when you change the players in 2020 you change the game, all other things being equal.

Of course all other things will not be equal.

My thought about the Trump voter (or some Trump voters): Almost everybody has more than one "policy position" or wish for government (possible exception: single-issue anti-abortion voters). Some of the Trump voters might have some wishes that are abhorrent for one reason or another, but still have other wishes that the Dems really need to address, and address in a way that connects with the voters, both for their own success in elections and for the good of the country.

Here's a radio interview with Alec MacGillis of ProPublica, who just won a Polk Award for coverage of DJT voters. Lots of food for thought, imo, and opportunities for Dems. I was esp. struck by the person who had never voted before because she felt she wasn't well enough informed. DJT was the first politician she actually "understood."

http://www.wpr.org/shows/how-underclass-americans-carried-trump-white-house

Here's the original report from ProPublica:

https://www.propublica.org/article/revenge-of-the-forgotten-class

(Polk citation: "Alec MacGillis of ProPublica will be recognized for National Reporting for his series of prescient dispatches tracing trends that were building support for Donald Trump in states like Ohio. “For the most part,” MacGillis reported from Dayton in July in a story published by Politico, “the political establishment ignored, dismissed or overlooked these forces, until suddenly they blew apart nearly everyone’s blueprint for the presidential campaign.” Small wonder MacGillis was so well prepared to file a definitive 4,400-word analysis, “Revenge of the Forgotten Class,” barely a day after the election was called for Trump.)

The title of this thread is "The Trump Agenda." Trump met today with 26 manufacturing CEO's. He told them that creating jobs was one his priorities, along with protecting our borders and strengthening the military.

In an interview after the meeting, the US Steel CEO said that it was totally realistic to bring manufacturing jobs back to the US. He addressed the issue of automation as well as a border tax. This afternoon, Trump said that he would support "some form" of a border tax.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/23/us-steel-ceo-says-it-is-totally-realistic-to-bring-manufacturing-jobs-back.html

So, I was added to the group this AM and I've already been kicked out. I don't think I have to do much talking to convince people around here where I am on the political spectrum.

Innocently stating in a comment that while I disagree politically with many in the town, I think most are well intentioned was too much for their hearts to bear.

Wowzers.

ml1 said:

Whatever the reason, I'm enjoying this. For years conservatives have swaggered around as if they're tough guys. And liberals are all a bunch of weak wusses looking for safe spaces to avoid microagressions.

And now these tough guys need a place to avoid liberals being mean to them.

smile

cramer said:

The title of this thread is "The Trump Agenda." Trump met today with 26 manufacturing CEO's. He told them that creating jobs was one his priorities, along with protecting our borders and strengthening the military.

In an interview after the meeting, the US Steel CEO said that it was totally realistic to bring manufacturing jobs back to the US. He addressed the issue of automation as well as a border tax. This afternoon, Trump said that he would support "some form" of a border tax.

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/02/23/us-steel-ceo-says-it-is-totally-realistic-to-bring-manufacturing-jobs-back.html

I'm sure it is. I wonder at what cost to the average citizen. I'm sure that USX won't being do this pro bono.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.