The NYT Spelling Bee Thread

jimmurphy said:

Despite a dopey Pangram, got the QB today.

QB-4. Got the stupid pangram, because it was all I could see with those letters. Pretty sure I am not going to be  question

KarenMarlowe said:

QB-4. Got the stupid pangram, because it was all I could see with those letters. Pretty sure I am not going to be 
question

got the dopey pangram too but currently stuck here at QB -2...I too have the feeling that QB is not gonna happen today.

Missed bobolink yesterday. What is the fascination with obscure bird names?

Early QB today.

Also got the QB today

congrats to both of you for yesterday's QB...I would have been right up there with you were it not for these two misses "ironwork" and "ironworking"

for a change, huh?  cheese It seems like you've got the QB market cornered while I'm holding down the fort at QB -2 again

Never heard of tantalum.

mjc said:

Me either.

same here...and never heard of "umlaut" either 

Partita?

Early QB today.

jimmurphy said:

Partita?

Early QB today.

yep, "partita" ... another obscure word. Nicely done on the early QB...I'm stuck at QB -2 yet again

alha said:

jimmurphy said:

Partita?

Early QB today.

yep, "partita" ... another obscure word. Nicely done on the early QB...I'm stuck at QB -2 yet again

I have failed miserably in the last week or so, but just got QB! Congrats, jim, as usual.

KarenMarlowe said:

I have failed miserably in the last week or so, but just got QB! Congrats, jim, as usual.

you and me both...congrats to Jim for the win again and for your QB today

KarenMarlowe said:

Well done!

alha said:

KarenMarlowe said:

you and me both...congrats to Jim for the win again and for your QB today

Thank you!

jimmurphy said:

KarenMarlowe said:

Well done!

Thank you!

Missed “lacteal” yesterday.

Got QB today with one lucky guess.

Congrats jimmurphy!

Still one lucky guess short today.  Missed lacteal and acetal yesterday (unknown), also electee (facepalm)

Got the QB yesterday with a little hint from the Buddy. Had no idea "churchy" is a word. 

Just pulled QB directly outta somewhere!

A few somewhat obscure words

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!