The NEW Biden VP discussion thread

I am rooting for Biden to pick Susan Rice grrr

Ah yes, the Benghazi scandal. Lest we forget. I noticed we need to update the graph though. The number of Covid-19 deaths went down from 16,693 to 136,346

Ahhh....remember those salad days when the US death toll could be measured with only 5 digits!

We knew that Trump could murder someone in cold blood and not loses any of his followers, it just wasn't apparent that he could murder his own followers and not lose their support.  One wonders how many family members mtierney and her ilk would be willing to bury just to validate their leader's hubris.

HRC may have hit the bulls eye when she labelled Trump's minions "irredeemable deplorables" but I don't think we had really grasped what the word "deplorable" really meant.  

Trump won't need to have his face carved into the side of Mount Rushmore, the hundreds of thousands of graves that dot this land will be a sufficient monument to his criminal incompetence.

I hope Susan Rice isn't the VP, because then we'll have to listen to the Trump fans troll with old Benghazi bullsiht.

I was really hoping for some new bullsiht trolling for the upcoming campaign.  The whole "Biden is a senile pedophile" crap is getting old.

nohero said:

I hope Susan Rice isn't the VP, because then we'll have to listen to the Trump fans troll with old Benghazi bullsiht.

I was really hoping for some new bullsiht trolling for the upcoming campaign.  The whole "Biden is a senile pedophile" crap is getting old.

Be careful what you wish for. They always fight dirty. Remember how John Kerry was swiftboated? Here is a decorated war hero (Kerry), running against a guy that lost his flight status in the Texas guard at the same time (Bush). But after the GOP spin doctors were done, half of the country thought that Kerry was the coward. It is somewhat comforting to know that some of these guys are now doing the same thing to Trump (Lincoln Project), but make no mistake, 4 years from now they will be killing a Democrat running for the WH again.

What they did to Susan Rice was one of the worst examples of character assassination by the R's in the last 30 years. And hugely abetted by utterly inept reporting by the media.

drummerboy said:

What they did to Susan Rice was one of the worst examples of character assassination by the R's in the last 30 years. And hugely abetted by utterly inept reporting by the media.

Well, I am sure it won't be any prettier this year. Just watch Fox News for an hour, or read mtierney's posts.

basil said:

drummerboy said:

Well, I am sure it won't be any prettier this year. Just watch Fox News for an hour, or read mtierney's posts.

No, I don't expect it to get prettier. I just feel sorry for her, because the Benghazi thing was one of the first times she was put in the lead on an issue, I guess to make her more visible for a possible promotion, which she fully deserved.

Kinda backfired - through no fault of her own.

mtierney said:

I am rooting for Biden to pick Susan Rice
grrr

Yes you and trump are saying the rosary hoping he picks her. It ain’t happening. You guys are gonna get your baxides handed to you. Landslide 

Don’t get cocky, it will be a hard fight, and the odds are with the incumbent

Speaking of Fox, I caught a few minutes of  Neil Cavuto interviewing Michael Dukakis. A pretty cordial interview. Dukakis looked great, as they were discussing age and it's impact on Biden v Trump, Dukakis pointed out that he is 87, he looked sharper and more fit than both candidates.  They discussed whether Biden would go to the left.  Bottom line Dukakis bluntly said, We've got to get rid of this guy. Wondering if other hosts are having Dems on. Obviously not the Carlson, Hannity, Ingraham crew.

nohero said:

“Pedophile”? Where did you hear that?

basil said:

I beg to differ. Not this incumbent 

mtierney said:

“Pedophile”? Where did you hear that?

It was junior who shared this image.  Do you approve of this?

Repeating stuff gives substance to any allegation. So, not wise to post and repost.

Folks on the left have had over four years of practice with Trump  bashing.

Reading the Under Armpit Gazette for news brings out the worse in us — all.

"I didn't know Trump was doing that, and now that I know it's the fault of the people who told me."

Jaytee said:

basil said:

I beg to differ. Not this incumbent 

That is what we thought in 2016. I don't want us to fall in the same trap. And besides, we need to hold on to the House, and win the Senate too. That won't be easy.

mtierney said:

Repeating stuff gives substance to any allegation. So, not wise to post and repost.

We are sort of in agreement but I'm placing the responsibility at Trump's feet. He is known for many ugly "retweets" and he has 55 million followers, quite a few more than any of us. He has used the bully pulpit to spread more hate than any of the  liberal voices who "bash" him.

mtierney said:

I am rooting for Biden to pick Susan Rice
grrr

it's uncanny how you can find so many stupid cartoons.  You know there are good cartoonists out there who don't rely on idiotic right wing talking points.

Oddly enough, one source touts its liberal persuasion!

I prefer someone who has experience running for office but Ambassador Rice is certainly very highly qualified.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_Rice

mtierney said:

which one would that be?

ml1 said:

mtierney said:

which one would that be?

Perhaps we should respond to our friend in the manner of Jeopardy.

Take what she says as an answer and formulate a question.

STANV said:

Another entrant:

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/24/karen-bass-biden-vp-380583

Why are they doing this? By throwing more names at us, they will have many Dems wondering, what is wrong with the list they already have?

This is the same madness that made more and more candidates throw their hats in the ring well into the Primaries.

The insinuation in the article that Harris is too flashy, leaves me to argue, OK pick Warren, she's not flashy. And from my point of view, since when is a little flash a bad thing. Most Dems took no risk in their Presidential candidate choice. They couldn't even take a risk on a woman. So now we are afraid of a woman being too "flashy?"

There was a quote in there by the Biden campaign that I couldn't quite decipher.  I'll have to go back and find it. Here it is. What are they saying here? 

“I don’t think you can go with someone that is there to hold a place and not outshine you,” a Biden bundler said of Bass.

They may be trying to sound cautious, but they are just sounding flakey.

I'm not sure why Duckworth gets so much praise. Anyone who volunteered for the Iraq war is kind of suspect in my book. Horrible judgement.

Military family, ROTC, commissioned in National Guard/Army Reserve 1992, deployed out of grad school in 2004, not sure whether it was voluntary at that point.  (Wikipedia)

Just saying, she may not have had any option in 2004, and in any case she was all in well before then.

Yeah, good points - I didn't know that history.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!