SOMA Science Fiction and Fantasy Book Group

Next read is Kiln People by Brin. I'm not running it but stay tuned here for updates. Send me a private message for addresses, etc. Enjoy!

Happy full moon! Is Game of Thrones still okay for October's book discussion? Then how about something to prepare us for the Star Wars return?

Welcome back from summer! Hope it went well. Just finished Game of Thrones, won't continue the series. Let's chat about why I should read the rest either the 15th or 22nd of October. ;-) Any preference?

Looks like we will meet on the 22nd of October at 8 p.m. to discuss Game of Thrones. Please send me a private message for the location. All are welcome book read or not.

Happy Fall! October 22nd at 8 p.m. at my place to chat about all things Gamey. Next book discussed will be Star Wars: Aftermath by Wendig for December 10th. Hope you will join us!

Shall we see The Martian Weds or Thurs evening?

Let's see The Martian this Thursday evening. Will post a time and a place.

Seems The Martian will play this Thursday at SOPAC at1945. Tickets anyone? I will keep an eye on the weather though.

Happy October! Tonight's showing of The Martian is at 8 p.m. at SOPAC. Let's meet at 7:15 in the lobby. I'm still keeping an eye on Joaquin.

Game of Thrones chat in a week at 8 p.m. at my place. Please send a private message to me for the address.

See you tonight for the Game of Thrones discussion!

Please pm me for the address of tonight's meeting at 8 p.m. For December we are reading Star Wars Aftermath by Wendig.

Thanks to all who could come last night! And for the yummies. Our next date is December 10th for the Star Wars book chat. We need a host please.

Welcome to SOMA Science Fiction and Fantasy Book Group! The reading list for 2016 - Kindred by Butler, All You need is Kill by Sakurazaka, Ambient by Womack, Zeroes by Westerfeld, Vurt by Noon. Great gifts to ask for!

Would anyone like to host on December 10th for all things Star Wars and a discussion of SW: Aftermath by Wendig?  Btw South Orange library has a copy.

Happy December! We have a volunteer host for next week on Thursday! Please send me a message for the address. I hope you can join us for a lively discussion of Star Wars: Aftermath by Wendig on the 10th at 8 p.m. book done or not.

Comicbooklady said:

Happy December! We have a volunteer host for next week on Thursday! Please send me a message for the address. I hope you can join us for a lively discussion of Star Wars: Aftermath by Wendig on the 10th at 8 p.m. book done or not.

Chuck did a Star Wars book ... cool! Adding to Christmas list.

Looking forward to seeing all who come tonight.  May Hanukkah be with you!

Happy holidays! Our next book is Kindred by Octavia Butler for the 28th of January 2016. Please join us.  Also on Facebook btw.

Please join us in two weeks on the 28th at 8, book read or not.  Send me a pm for the kind host's address.  Kindred by Octavia Butler.

Looking forward to tucking into the book over the snowy weekend.  Please join us on the 28th.  Stay safe.

Due to snow and parking issues this Thursday's meeting must be either postponed until next Thursday, the 4th of February or moved to a pub or restaurant this Thursday.  Thoughts?

Going to a Pub is winning for this Thursday's book chat location about Kindred.  RSVP when you can.

Please come to O'Reilly's at 8 p.m. this Thursday.  Thanks!

Hope to see you this evening at O'Reilly's Pub for a lively chat about Kindred.  Please let me know if you are coming.  Thanks!

Thank you for coming last night!  Our next date is the 25th of February for All You Need is Kill by Sakurazaka.  March will be The Girl with All the Gifts by Carey.  Please join us.

Happy Valentine's!  Please join us in two weeks the 25th at our lovely volunteer host's home.  RSVP needed.

Hi!  We are meeting this Thursday at 8 p.m. at our kind host's.  Please send me a note for the address and to RSVP.  The book to be discussed is "All You Need Is Kill" by Sakurazaka. Come read or not.

Perhaps after the lively discussion of the above book, we will chat about Live.Die.Repeat.  Please come, book read or not.

Thanks to our marvelous hosts and all who came.  Who would like to host and choose the date for March's discussion of The Girl With All the Gifts by Carey?

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!