Open up America "AGAIN?"

nohero said:

Big freakin' "Freedom Rally" tomorrow "down the shore". A good name for it could be "Knuckleheadstock". 

"freedom fighters"?

Holy cow these people are full of themselves, aren't they?

Some 35+ years ago, our family vacationed in Wildwood Crest, referred to as the Canadian Florida.

STANV said:

It's my understanding that the Jersey Shore attracts people from NY and PA. Not sure about CT or DE.

Of course I have seen many Quebec License Plates in Cape May.

Point Pleasant Police are shutting down all the streets east of 35 and imposing parking restrictions to non-residents.

nohero said:

Big freakin' "Freedom Rally" tomorrow "down the shore". A good name for it could be "Knuckleheadstock". 

I hadn't chuckled all day until "Knuckleheadstock". I can't stop laughing. 

ridski said:

Point Pleasant Police are shutting down all the streets east of 35 and imposing parking restrictions to non-residents.

because they hate freedom 

Well, the event is still going ahead. 

ridski said:

Well, the event is still going ahead. 

let's see how many of those real Americans want to do that much walking

ml1 said:

let's see how many of those real Americans want to do that much walking

I came upon a MAGA clod
He was walking along the road
And I asked him, where are you going
And this he told me
I'm going down to the Jersey Shore
I'm going to join in a knucklehead rant
I'm going to cough into my hand
And spread some Covid-19

Knuckleheadstock is proceeding as planned/expected. 

If I had thought about it earlier and could afford it I would have hired those airplanes that fly above the beaches with advertising banners to fly along Point Pleasant Beach with signs simply bearing the number of deaths or reading "Stay Home. Stay Safe".

nohero said:

I came upon a MAGA clod
He was walking along the road
And I asked him, where are you going
And this he told me
I'm going down to the Jersey Shore
I'm going to join in a knucklehead rant
I'm going to cough into my hand
And spread some Covid-19

Stop, no, I'll never hear that song the same again!

Never let the fact that it's irrelevant keep you from trying to inject your pet issue into other debates. 

It was "retweeted" by Trump, of course.  Maybe they're "former Democrats" because they don't know that "Democrat" is the noun, "Democratic" is the adjective form.

nohero said:

It was "retweeted" by Trump, of course.  Maybe they're "former Democrats" because they don't know that "Democrat" is the noun, "Democratic" is the adjective form.

Trump in a speech also used the noun with glee and announced that he would continue to call it the Democrat party. He enjoys his petty torments. 

What dopes.

Morganna said:

Trump in a speech also used the noun with glee and announced that he would continue to call it the Democrat party. He enjoys his petty torments. 

What dopes.

He can be giddy all he wants. Young voters, and especially young democratic voters are not going to get him re-elected: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/29/opinion/trump-2020-election.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

basil said:

He can be giddy all he wants. Young voters, and especially young democratic voters are not going to get him re-elected: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/29/opinion/trump-2020-election.html?action=click&module=Opinion&pgtype=Homepage

I hope you are right. I was drinking champagne and counting the votes as they came in, and had my Break the Glass Ceiling post ready last time and then the Florida count came in. I've been humbled. So again, I hope you are right and I'll be here on Election Night ready to sing We Are The Champions! Till then I regard all polls with caution.

Morganna said:

I hope you are right. I was drinking champagne and counting the votes as they came in, and had my Break the Glass Ceiling post ready last time and then the Florida count came in. I've been humbled. So again, I hope you are right and I'll be here on Election Night ready to sing We Are The Champions! Till then I regard all polls with caution.

We will only win this thing if we do everything humanly possible to get out the vote. Especially the younger vote.

And I know this because the other side is doing everything humanly possible to depress the vote. 

nohero said:

In Republican areas you can get arrested for being a Black Man but not for killing one.

STANV said:

In Republican areas you can get arrested for being a Black Man but not for killing one.

It’s funny that they see wearing a mask as some form of anti trump statement. But the klansmen who support trump wear hoods. I won’t lose any sleep over them being put on a ventilator. 

Jaytee said:

It’s funny that they see wearing a mask as some form of anti trump statement. But the klansmen who support trump wear hoods. I won’t lose any sleep over them being put on a ventilator. 

I don't wear a mask to make an anti-Trump statement.  That's just a bonus.

Jaytee said:

STANV said:

I would if that ventilator was needed for a rational person.  

Red_Barchetta said:

Jaytee said:

STANV said:

I would if that ventilator was needed for a rational person.  

Not to mention the doctors and nurses that are going to be exposed

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1210819/characters/nm0000136

[from trailer]

Tonto : People think you are dead. Better you stay that way.

John Reid : You want me to wear a mask?

Tonto : There come a time, when good man must wear mask.

You know the joke about the meaning of “kimosabe”?  The Lone  Ranger  didn’t.

Thank you, I think, Ridski. Though it appears I recalled the Tonto bit accurately.

I do really appreciate the link. Brought back great memories of growing up before TV, when we would sit in front of the radio, listening intently. Loved Green Hornet, Lux Radio Theater, Mrs Goldberg, Fibber McGee and a Molly, Ozzie and Harriet, The whistler, The Shadow, The Bickersons, Studio One, and so many more.  We listened to Walter Winchell, Louella Parsons, comedies, music, and many detective stories.

Gosh, thanks for the trip down memory lane.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.