MOL updates - please report issues here.

nohero said:

No apologies for using sprout's post to illustrate a big problem right now. I do what I want and never look back. I try to live my life like mrincredible, who is cooler and more awesome that I could ever be.

 

 Well this will live forever anyway.


To those who claim you cannot have ethics without religion I would submit the fact that, during the time between my discovery of this glitch and my reporting of this glitch, I did not alter a single post by mtierney.

I was tempted, believe me, but I couldn't do it because that would have been wrong.


I will be reviewing recently edited posts later on.  ;-)


Klinker said:

To those who claim you cannot have ethics without religion I would submit the fact that, during the time between my discovery of this glitch and my reporting of this glitch, I did not alter a single post by mtierney.

I was tempted, believe me, but I couldn't do it because that would have been wrong.

 I can't imagine the chaos that would ensue. The politics thread would become a bottomless vortex of nastiness and recrimination.


mrincredible said:

 I can't imagine the chaos that would ensue. The politics thread would become a bottomless vortex of nastiness and recrimination.

Perish the thought.


Klinker said:

To those who claim you cannot have ethics without religion I would submit the fact that, during the time between my discovery of this glitch and my reporting of this glitch, I did not alter a single post by mtierney.

I was tempted, believe me, but I couldn't do it because that would have been wrong.

Except that on MOL, we can be certain that there is a Creator and he is watching over us all.


Now when adding a link to my post, there is no longer a checkbox for having the link open a new browser tab. I miss that feature.


Tom_Reingold said:

Now when adding a link to my post, there is no longer a checkbox for having the link open a new browser tab. I miss that feature.

 Yes - for some reason, the new version of the editor removed that checkbox.  I’m having my guys override the default option and have it always open in a new window.


Difficulty posting ad in free section.


I just tried to do a "quote" (the post had "quotes" within it) and the last part of the post, otherwise known as what I was responding to, didn't show up in the quote.  I just did a "Reply to this comment" instead.  So the "quote" function seems to be a little off.


nohero said:

I just tried to do a "quote" (the post had "quotes" within it) and the last part of the post, otherwise known as what I was responding to, didn't show up in the quote.  I just did a "Reply to this comment" instead.  So the "quote" function seems to be a little off.

 can you tell me which comment you encountered this on?


jamie said:

nohero said:

I just tried to do a "quote" (the post had "quotes" within it) and the last part of the post, otherwise known as what I was responding to, didn't show up in the quote.  I just did a "Reply to this comment" instead.  So the "quote" function seems to be a little off.

 can you tell me which comment you encountered this on?

This one:  https://maplewood.worldwebs.co...


No page #’s when I logged in to all discussions so couldn’t get off the first page  tongue rolleye gulp


Scully said:

No page #’s when I logged in to all discussions so couldn’t get off the first page 
tongue rolleye
gulp

 thanks!  This will get fixed later.


Formerlyjerseyjack said:

Difficulty posting ad in free section.

 Can you provide a little more information - what is happening?  Are you getting an error?


Scully said:

No page #’s when I logged in to all discussions so couldn’t get off the first page 
tongue rolleye
gulp

 this is fixed


Pope challenges thread showing up twice on my feed.


I see two iterations of the Pope Francis thread.  One was more than enough.

(Crosspost)


ridski said:

Pope challenges thread showing up twice on my feed.

 Did the Pope challenge it with an encyclical or a Papal Bull?


nohero said:

 Did the Pope challenge it with an encyclical or a Papal Bull?

 Don't get me started on Papal Bull, this isn't the forum.


Good call. The tension here is already Papal Bull.


Formerlyjerseyjack said:

Difficulty posting ad in free section.

 If you meant it takes awhile for the post to go through in the For Sale section - Free Items - this is fixed.

ridski said:

Pope challenges thread showing up twice on my feed.

 This is fixed.

We still need to address nohero's quote issue - hopefully we'll have a solution by Friday.


Why am I hearing the voice of the HAL 9000 computer in my dreams? 


I'm sorry Dave....


On my home FIOs WiFi network, MOL won’t load. About 3 days now. Laptop running Windows 10, iPad, and iPhone all the same. If I turn off WiFi, it will load in the iPhone. 

What would cause this? Firewall?


jimmurphy said:

On my home FIOs WiFi network, MOL won’t load. About 3 days now. Laptop running Windows 10, iPad, and iPhone all the same. If I turn off WiFi, it will load in the iPhone. 

What would cause this? Firewall?

 Jim - please PM me or email me - jamie@maplewoodonline.com - the ip address (ipv4) from the computer having this issue.  You can get this from this site:

https://www.whatismyip.com/

Every now and then computers get on our blacklist for some reason we can't determine.


jamie said:

 Jim - please PM me or email me - jamie@maplewoodonline.com - the ip address (ipv4) from the computer having this issue.  You can get this from this site:

https://www.whatismyip.com/

Every now and then computers get on our blacklist for some reason we can't determine.

 Ok, will do when I get home. Thanks Jamie.


Do you have FIOS?  I just removed a few IPs from the list - it may fix things - but still send me your IP so that I can make sure it doesn't happen again.

Out of 1,000 ips blocked -5 where local FIOS ips - a bulk of the bad IPs are from China (568).  It's used to have more from Russia - specifically St. Petersburg - but only 28 from there.  


Not working here. your Public IPv4 is: 69.136.246.102



In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.