Bring Out Your Dead! The celebrity death thread....

Mike Pinder, a founding member and keyboard player for the progressive rock band, the Moody Blues

Days of future passed….

Jaytee said:

Donald Payne jr. Newark lost a good man.

I'll say!  Jr. is the one who was currently in office, right?  I asked for help here once and someone suggested calling my congressman, which I never would have thought of on my own.  He helped me out of a big jam within 48 hours of my first speaking with his office.

If I've got the lineage right, his father helped me out of another big jam -- keeping my then au pair in the country for another year.

A real loss.

Jaytee said:

Mike Pinder, a founding member and keyboard player for the progressive rock band, the Moody Blues

Days of future passed….

one of my favorite bands. The Core Seven albums are a remarkable set of music.

Thanks Mike. Still listening.

Paul Auster, grew up in SOMA and graduated from Columbia High School. Famous as a Brooklyn author, but his sweeping novel "4 3 2 1" has a protagonist who grows up (in multiple ways) in Maplewood and vicinity.

Paul Auster, the Patron Saint of Literary Brooklyn, Dies at 77 - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

[Edited to add] Found the video of the talk he gave on Zoom, hosted by the South Orange Library, on 4/3/21 about that novel and talking about his memories of growing up. 

nohero said:

Paul Auster, grew up in SOMA and graduated from Columbia High School. Famous as a Brooklyn author, but his sweeping novel "4 3 2 1" has a protagonist who grows up (in multiple ways) in Maplewood and vicinity.

Paul Auster, the Patron Saint of Literary Brooklyn, Dies at 77 - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

[Edited to add] Found the video of the talk he gave on Zoom, hosted by the South Orange Library, on 4/3/21 about that novel and talking about his memories of growing up. 

Thank you for posting this. I will have to get one of his books.

Probably hadn't thought of Duane Eddy in 30 or 40 years, but when i heard his name his music jumped right into my ear (dum dum Dum).  Good times. RIP.

eta: According to the radio, DE said his biggest contribution to music was not singing. : )

Frank Stella, American artisti

Love his uses of colour! 
tongue laugh

galileo said:

Frank Stella, American artisti

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.