Biden vs Trump

drummerboy said:

Yeah, I was there at about 11:30 for a bit. Then it started to rain so I bailed.

Snowflake ...

I was there for an hour.   Had a nice confrontation with a moron from Trump World.

nohero said:

A bunch of clueless Trumpist dumbasses blocked the Garden State Parkway.  "We shut it down, baby, we shut it down" boasts one of the numbnuts.  

It seems like they did this in a few sports.

So will this happen on Tuesday? Will they block up traffic near polling places?

Will the police intervene?

I'm worried this is just a test run.

sbenois said:

I was there for an hour.   Had a nice confrontation with a moron from Trump World.

Were you the guy who crossed the street and started yelling at that guy with his wife?

nohero said:

A bunch of clueless Trumpist dumbasses blocked the Garden State Parkway.  "We shut it down, baby, we shut it down" boasts one of the numbnuts.

Well, let's shut down trump this Tuesday.

So a strong showing from the MOL contingent. snake

sbenois said:

Can’t you just troll them on the Twitter like normal folk?

nohero said:

That will really turn NJ red. 

Go Steelers!  

I merely suggested that his taunting was misplaced and that he should consider rejoining his friends across the way.

That's what I thought you said.

The Pittsburgh Post Gazette endorsed Trump. The first GOP presidential endorsement since 1972. In 2016 Clinton won 76% of the vote in Pittsburgh and 56% of the Allegheny County vote. 

"The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette endorsed President Trump on Saturday, the first time the newspaper has backed a Republican candidate since 1972.

While the editorial board said it preferred the "first-class temperament and demeanor" of former world leaders such as Winston Churchill, Ronald Reagan and Barack Obama, it endorsed Trump on the basis of the pre-COVID-19 economy, his Supreme Court nominees and his work in the energy industry, a key sector in the western Pennsylvania region.

"Under Mr. Trump the United States achieved energy independence for the first time in the lifetimes of most of us. Where would Western Pennsylvania be without the Shell Petrochemical Complex (the 'cracker plant')?" the editorial board wrote."

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/523833-pittsburgh-backs-trump-in-first-republican-presidential-endorsement-since

"Joe Biden will become "an underdog" if he fails to win Pennsylvania and its 20 electoral votes, FiveThirtyEight founder Nate Silver said on ABC's "This Week" Sunday.

Why it matters: Trump won the battleground by less than a point in 2016, as he narrowly swept swing states in the Rust Belt to secure victory in the Electoral College. FiveThirtyEight's average of polls currently shows Biden with a 5% lead in Pennsylvania.

What he's saying: Silver told "This Week" that if Trump ends up winning the election, "it would come down to Pennsylvania."

https://www.axios.com/pennsylvania-biden-underdog-nate-silver-2c1fb6c6-c75f-4cf5-9ee6-d51df1741e2b.html

I'm really concerned about Pennsylvania - Trump has really been hitting it hard. My hometown county in western Pa. that historically voted Democratic went 3- 1 for Trump in 2016. Fracking is big.

So, the last GOP pick for that paper was Nixon, who resigned less than two years later because of crimes committed in support of his reelection.

Steve - Pittsburgh is a Democratic city. I'm shocked by the endorsement. It's an important paper in the whole region. 

Steve said:

So, the last GOP pick for that paper was Nixon, who resigned less than two years later because of crimes committed in support of his reelection.

Yes but he was reelected. And unless the Democrats can gain like 15 seats in the Senate Trump has nothing to fear, like Nixon did.

cramer said:

Steve - Pittsburgh is a Democratic city. I'm shocked by the endorsement. 

As am I, but look at the paper's management (from Wikipedia):

"In 2018, the editorial tone of the paper shifted from liberal to conservative after the editorial pages of the paper were consolidated with the The Blade of Toledo, Ohio. After the consolidation, Keith Burris, the pro-Trump editorial page editor of The Blade, directed the editorial pages of both papers."

It's also a failed paper - only printing three days per week.  The tell on the endorsement had to do with the reference to the Supreme Court.  No legitimate editorial page leader would have led with (or even included) that.

mrincredible said:

Yes but he was reelected. And unless the Democrats can gain like 15 seats in the Senate Trump has nothing to fear, like Nixon did.

I know - those were the days when the GOP actually stood for something (whether you agreed with them or not).

Thread drift - When I was growing up in my hometown 60 mile east of Pittsburgh many, many years ago, there were two Pittsburgh papers - The Post-Gazette, which was the morning paper, and the Pittsburgh Press, which was the afternoon paper. My parents had both delivered. The Pittsburgh Press is no longer around. There was also the local paper, which is still published. 

cramer said:

Steve - Pittsburgh is a Democratic city. I'm shocked by the endorsement. It's an important paper in the whole region.

It’s only a three-person editorial board now, I believe. Also, the Block who’s the publisher now has taken the opinion side of the paper in a conservative direction.

ETA: Sorry, cross-posted with Steve. Completely missed the last few posts.

Jennifer Senior recalls HRC’s debate warning. Where might we be right now if we’d heeded the warning and not succumbed to the misogyny and other right-wing venom? (bold is mine)

TRUMP: … from everything I see, [Putin] has no respect for this person.

CLINTON: Well, that’s because he’d rather have a puppet as president of the United States.

TRUMP: No puppet. No puppet.

CLINTON: And it’s pretty clear …

TRUMP: You’re the puppet!

CLINTON: It’s pretty clear you won’t admit …

TRUMP: No, you’re the puppet.

CLINTON: … that the Russians have engaged in cyberattacks against the United States of America, that you encouraged espionage against our people, that you are willing to spout the Putin line, sign up for his wish list, break up NATO, do whatever he wants to do, and that you continue to get help from him, because he has a very clear favorite in this race. So I think that this is such an unprecedented situation. We’ve never had a foreign government trying to interfere in our election. We have 17 — 17 intelligence agencies, civilian and military, who have all concluded that these espionage attacks, these cyberattacks, come from the highest levels of the Kremlin and they are designed to influence our election. I find that deeply disturbing. Now, just imagine if you can. Donald Trump sitting in the Oval Office, the next time America faces a crisis. Imagine him being in charge when your jobs and savings are at stake. Is this who you want to lead us in an emergency? Someone thin skinned and quick to anger who’d likely be on Twitter attacking reporters or bringing the whole regulatory system down on his critics when he should be focused on fixing what’s wrong? Would he even know what to do?

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/02/opinion/hillary-clinton-biden-trump.html

Putin hates her for his claim that she encouraged the Russian protests of '14 and for her smarts. 

And, of course, he loved the idea of having a useful idiot in the White House. Results are beyond his wildest dreams. Here's this kleptocrat with nothing to show for his reign except oil revenues and dusty nukes. And, virtually for free, he's able to fcuk up a superpower.

What might HRC have done as POTUS in response to Russian election interference? Imagine her resources, the intel community, as active foes of Putin rather than having to try to tame Trump.

BHO is on a freakin' roll right now speaking his piece. 6:11pm 11/2

GL2 said:

Putin hates her for his claim that she encouraged the Russian protests of '14 and for her smarts. 

And, of course, he loved the idea of having a useful idiot in the White House. Results are beyond his wildest dreams. Here's this kleptocrat with nothing to show for his reign except oil revenues and dusty nukes. And, virtually for free, he's able to fcuk up a superpower.

What might HRC have done as POTUS in response to Russian election interference? Imagine her resources, the intel community, as active foes of Putin rather than having to try to tame Trump.

Once Trump leaves office (hopefully Jan 2021, otherwise Jan 2025), Putin is going to discover we still have some scores to settle with him.

basil said:

Once Trump leaves office (hopefully Jan 2021, otherwise Jan 2025), Putin is going to discover we still have some scores to settle with him.

Tough talk. What does that mean?

GL2 said:

BHO is on a freakin' roll right now speaking his piece. 6:11pm 11/2

But can he compete with this stirring oratory? 

But it was so so terrible when Hillary called them "deplorables".

sbenois said:

I merely suggested that his taunting was misplaced and that he should consider rejoining his friends across the way.

I flew back from Italia to help anyone run over by a Trump Truck and to cast my vote.   

jimmurphy said:

basil said:

Tough talk. What does that mean?

That means that meddling with our elections is an act of (cyber-)war that so far has gone unanswered. And there are plenty of ways for us to retaliate. A very simple way is to double the number of Russians on our blacklist for every cycle the messed with our elections. Another is to do something similar with their companies and shut them out of international finance. More sophisticated responses would involve cyber warfare or worse.

Dr. Stefano!   It's been way too long my friend.  

I have to say that Buttigieg is a pretty effective surrogate on Fox News. I am surprised they still invite him back on, because he is destroying this poor woman.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!