20 Shot 10 Dead at Oregon College

sac said:
New Jersey has pretty strict rules. The NRA is working hard to keep similar rules from being instituted nation-wide. TomR - that's what we're talking about. Would you support nation-wide application of the NJ rules? If so, then you are in conflict with the NRA brass.

any regulation is in conflict with the NRA

I guess they don't ban people here for threatening to spit in peoples faces.

Robert_Casotto said:

If Art doesn't get banned for threatening people with knuckle sandwiches, I think threats of other things that ain't gonna happen are reasonably safe.

Oh, an empty threat. Makes more sense now. I'll be here all week. Bah dum bum

TomR, NJ is quite different from the rest of the country, and I would love to see its laws expanded in a lot more areas.

As for the 2nd amendment, the bit about militias counts for a lot. That's the part that lets you know the amendment wasn't about individuals who just want a gun for their own personal use. I comprehend that perfectly. Do you?

BTW, regarding the idiot who pulled a gun at Home Depot, in what world is it appropriate to use deadly force against someone for shoplifting???????

Robert_Casotto said:

Reread. It wasnt a threat. It was mocking and belittling NRA tough guy logic. I wouldn't spit in anyone's face. But you would be at risk in our town, given how detestable it would be to see someone parading around in an NRA hat. You may also want to try a KKKhat since you are feeling brave.

PeggyC said:

BTW, regarding the idiot who pulled a gun at Home Depot, in what world is it appropriate to use deadly force against someone for shoplifting???????

sadly, much of the US

Robert_Casotto said:
Oh, an empty threat. Makes more sense now. I'll be here all week. Bah dum bum

Enjoy your NRA membership. Sleep comfortably knowing that you and your family are 6-20x more at risk of dying by gun if you own a gun.

PeggyC said:
TomR, NJ is quite different from the rest of the country, and I would love to see its laws expanded in a lot more areas.
As for the 2nd amendment, the bit about militias counts for a lot. That's the part that lets you know the amendment wasn't about individuals who just want a gun for their own personal use. I comprehend that perfectly. Do you?

Peggy,

Tom R is perfectly happy the way things are. The constitution tells him he can own guns (and slaves. Thankfully that's been changed). And 85, 000 dead people a year isn't too much. He and his family are still alive - so far

Woot said:

PeggyC said:

sadly, much of the US

Well, it happens in much of the U.S. But it isn't either appropriate or legal, AFAIK. If it is, retiring to a cottage in rural Europe is looking more interesting all the time.

sac said:
New Jersey has pretty strict rules. The NRA is working hard to keep similar rules from being instituted nation-wide. TomR - that's what we're talking about. Would you support nation-wide application of the NJ rules? If so, then you are in conflict with the NRA brass.

Should the other 49 States adopt regulations similar to those of New Jersey; it would not trouble me a whit.

TomR

PeggyC said:

You've attempted to deflect my query.

Respond, if you will?

With regard to your parting query, no world in which I live.

TomR

Tom_R said:

sac said:
Should the other 49 States adopt regulations similar to those of New Jersey; it would not trouble me a whit.
TomR

That puts you at odds with the NRA, then.

I don't want to speak for Tom R, but I'm pretty sure he's not an NRA supporter. I don't get the impression he cares one way or the other about the NRA's lobbying, other than that they have a right to do it, like everyone else.

But he's a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

ParticleMan said:
I don't want to speak for Tom R, but I'm pretty sure he's not an NRA supporter. I don't get the impression he cares one way or the other about the NRA's lobbying, other than that they have a right to do it, like everyone else.
But he's a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma.

He seems dispassionate, if notindifferent on a topic related to 85,000 deaths each year.

if I need HR advice you'll be the first guy I come to.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Rentals

Advertise here!