Popular Comments

RobertRoe
Discussion: Attack on organized labor

I never understood why big business is against government-funded (like Obama Care) health care.  Government-funded health care would relieve the big business of health insurance costs that they pay to their workforce.   Am I missing something in my business cost equation?

Like  4 Likes
DaveSchmidt
Discussion: What does Putin want (and whatabout it)

nan said:

Putin's not the only one who should have thought about some other things before getting involved in this war.

So: Here we have Putin “getting involved” in this war.

Like  4 Likes
DaveSchmidt
Discussion: What does Putin want (and whatabout it)

nan said:

Meanwhile we are clearly running the Roman Empire collapse playbook and you seem to think somehow we are winning.

I think you’re the only commenter in this thread who has said anybody has won anything. (I’m not counting Paul’s “I told you so.”)

Like  3 Likes
tjohn
Discussion: German Lab Leak

A German joke is no laughing matter.

Like  3 Likes
ridski
Discussion: Roundup Alternative: Weed Torch?

mrmaplewood said:

I have seen "cleaning vinegar" in gallon jugs at Shop Rite in the cleaning aisle.  They didn't specify strength as I recall.

Regular cleaning strength vinegar is about 5% acid. On metaphysician's advice, I went to Home Depot and got some 30% vinegar. I made a solution of four parts vinegar to one part water, added some dish soap and sprayed the weeds that are growing in my driveway yesterday afternoon. They're already brown and dying. Hopefully we'll get some more sunshine today to really kill them off.

Like  2 Likes
Morganna
Discussion: The Uncaged Bird -Hummingbird feeder is up!

sac said:

I guess I need to get my act together and get out the hummingbird feeders!

I'm ready and anxiously waiting for them! Here's some inspiration.

Like  2 Likes
ridski
Discussion: The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

I mean, we could tell you a thousand times that Shokin was forced to resign because he WASN'T investigating corruption in Ukraine, and you'll still believe the crap in that Real Clear Investigations article.

Like  2 Likes
nohero
Discussion: The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

Is someone is choosing to vote for Trump instead of Biden, because of the possibility of Kamala Harris becoming President, it would be a waste of time to try to argue with that person. 

Like  2 Likes