When is a tin of paint worth nearly $90,000?

Answer: When it writes off a Maserati.

It seems the owner of the car was carrying a tin of paint on the rear seat (why?) when he swerved to avoid a dog.

The tin of paint became airborne, and liberally sprayed its contents inside the car. The insurer wrote off the vehicle.

(That's 90,000 Australian dollars ... which is almost $US70,000. Still a lot of money in anyone's language.)

More here - http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-06-27/flying-paint-tin-ruins-maserati-interior/6577468

The picture's on the website, but here's a preview.

Amazing. That looks like the car ROLLED with an open can of paint in it.

I am still not sure if I am more impressed with the splatter pattern or that someone with a Maserati was toting their own tin of paint.

I enjoyed the other notable write-offs. I can say first hand that rodents eating your wiring will not result in full write-off in America. Twice...

Sorry, no. Anyone who has ever used a can of paint knows there's no way the lid comes off because you "swerve" to avoid hitting a dog.

Which leads to the question, what kind of moron caries an open can of paint on the back seat of his car?

A. A rich moron

B. A stoned moron

C. A pretend moron. Somebody vandalized his car and he's so embarrassed about it he told his insurance company something some moron there thought was plausible.

Yeah, I'm going to have to agree with JCSO on this one. Anyone who has painted anything ever knows it's not easy to get the lid off a paint can. Something incredibly stupid happened here. And it sounds so noble to say it happened while he was swerving to avoid hitting a dog! LOL.

Let me guess, is the car owner going through a divorce?

JCSO said:
C. A pretend moron. Somebody vandalized his car and he's so embarrassed about it he told his insurance company something some moron there thought was plausible.

I vaguely remember seeing a report about this event a while ago and, yes, there were witnesses who reported him swerving to miss a dog.

Life is better than fiction...

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.