What series should I watch next?

I enjoyed Amazon's Jack Ryan more than I should have, but it left me with a ton of questions and needlessly changes backstories for nearly all the familiar characters. 

Watched the pilot of Sneaky Pete and really liked it. I thought it was going to go one way and it quickly jinked my expectations and turned into a very cleverly-plotted and well-characterized show. Note to show-runners - that's how you set up a pilot! Free-flowing, natural exposition, set up the scenario for the show succinctly and with humor. I can't wait to get into more of it.

jamie said:
Anyone watching Maniac on Netflix?  Looks interesting haven't delved into it yet.

I just started Maniac, looks good and dense. I'm also planning to check out Mr. Inbetween on FX. 

Loved The Sinner now two seasons

On Prime

Bill Pullman is mighty!

Best Regards,

Ron Carter

ridski said:

Watched the pilot of Sneaky Pete and really liked it. I thought it was going to go one way and it quickly jinked my expectations and turned into a very cleverly-plotted and well-characterized show. Note to show-runners - that's how you set up a pilot! Free-flowing, natural exposition, set up the scenario for the show succinctly and with humor. I can't wait to get into more of it.

Sneaky Pete's first season was great!  Couldn't get as into season 2, I believe it's helpful to binge one after the other, I forgot too much.  

I'm continuing to watch NYPD Blue on Amazon. Really enjoying it, the nostalgia and the music, among other things. I'm up to Season 4.

Rake is back with Cleaver Greene! I’m thrilled. 

Norsemen is great, quirky comedy.  Woody Allen plus Monty Python.  

ElizMcCord said:

Thanks!  

eliz said:
I binged Prisoners of War (the Israeli show Homeland was based on) and wow. It was so different from Homeland - much more emotional. I think I cried at some point in almost every episode. The first season is almost all about the emotions and reactions of the ex prisoners and their loved ones and a lot of flashbacks to violence and torture they endured. The second season is the more "Homeland-y" but again it's very different. Unfortunately, the Hulu subtitles are not as good as Netflix. They don't tell you what's on papers the characters read, or note if they are speaking Arabic or Hebrew (which at certain parts is hard to discern but important to the storyline). Definitely recommend.

Yes - this is one case where I thought the Israeli original was much better than the American take.
FWIW, I saw Hatufim on Netflix. I can't comment on the subtitle issue, though, because I wouldn't have looked for subtitles for the Hebrew. I do think, however, that I recall descriptions of writing on paper.

Have you watched Hostages? Also very good. And I imagine you've watched Fauda...the second season is phenomenal. 

Episode 1 was HYSTERICAL!  There is no reason to assume this will not be a blockbuster smart and funny series.

The Kids Are Allright

I am fairly new to binge TV watching and love it. Most recently, Designated Survivor, which is candy for political conspiracy fans....enjoyed The Americans, probably for the same reasons.... Justified....Safe, a Harlan Corbin story set in London....etc.

Making a Murderer, Part 2 is on Netflix. Found part 1 quite captivating. Good write-up in the NY Times today.

cramer said:

ElizMcCord said:
 Thanks!  

If you haven’t seen it yet, it’s godamn hilarious. Best season yet. Enjoy! 

ElizMcCord said:

cramer said:

ElizMcCord said:
 Thanks!  

Where does one watch it? And what is it?

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

ElizMcCord said:

cramer said:

ElizMcCord said:
 Thanks!  
 Where does one watch it? And what is it?

You can catch it on Netflix. It’s a show based out of Australia about a lawyer, his career, his family and ensuing shenanigans. 

I like Maniac - a few more episodes left.  It feels like an extended Black Mirror episode.

I tried getting into Man in High castle season 3 - but like Sneaky Pete, I didn't remember all of the details from where the last season left off and I didn't have any interest to try.

starting season 6 of NYPD BLUE. Still enjoying it. 

I really enjoyed Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat on Netflix.

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:
starting season 6 of NYPD BLUE. Still enjoying it. 

Poor Bobby Simone ....

angelak said:
I really enjoy Salt, Fat, Acid, Heat on Netflix.

Watched the first episode and I do love all things Italy...but damn she eats and eats and eats and I was too stuffed to watch the next one!

jamie said:
Anyone watching Maniac on Netflix?  Looks interesting haven't delved into it yet.
Ozark season 2 was excellent on par with season 1 IMO.
My latest binge is The Marvelous Mrs Maisel - it's great - only a few episodes in.

I totally agree with The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. No ups and downs. Great writing, great acting all the way! Just finished Season 1 and can't wait for Season 2, sometime this year I hope (and the creator said as much I think).

the first episode of Bodyguard was great.  

jeffl said:

Totally agree, just finished second.   Great TV, just wish those Brits would work on their diction!  May have to go to subtitles!

Best Regards,

Ron Carter

Watched a couple of I’m Sorry episodes on Netflix. A comedy that actually made me laugh.

Has anyone watched 12 Monkeys on SyFy?

somebody feed Phil.   Just watch it.  

jeffl said:

Tuning it in now based on this minimal reco. 

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

jeffl said:
 Tuning it in now based on this minimal reco. 

are we talking about 12 monkeys?

jeffl said:

The Florence episode is divine.   On my upcoming trip I am seeking out that gelato place.   Those steaks!  HOLY GOD.

rcarter31 said:

jeffl said:
 Totally agree, just finished second.   Great TV, just wish those Brits would work on their diction!  May have to go to subtitles!
Best Regards,
Ron Carter

Thanks for the Reco. It’s intense. I’m on the 3rd episode. The whole ma’am thing is mad annoying lol. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.