What series should I watch next?

The latest season of Shetland is available on Britbox if you have that. My daughter had me watch The Rain on Netflix - a Scandinavian series about 2 kids who survive an "end of the world scenario" in a bunker and live there for several years before venturing out. Not the best thing I've ever seen but certainly grabs your attention and good summer watching.

I watched these two series when they were weekly episodes on TV — Justified and Deadwood — and enjoyed them. However, I am now hooked on streaming! So much more detail and nuances to be enjoyed — or horrified by!

Santa Clara diet made me nauseous after one episode.

unicorn33 said:
It amazes me just how many shows are out there that I've never even heard of! Who can keep up?  question 

I love it. Days of mediocre tv are gone. You have but 3 episodes maybe 4 to hook your viewers or they’re on to the next. 

eliz said:
Marcella is ridiculous. The lead actress (and some of the others) are great but the storylines are INSANE. The end of season 2 was so completely bonkers that I'm done.

Hahahaha no..... it was excellent. It’s the first time I’ve been crazy impressed with the ending of a season. Usually I go “mehhh. That’s it? All the build up and this?” Not this time. It was worth every agonizing second. 

ElizMcCord said:

eliz said:
Marcella is ridiculous. The lead actress (and some of the others) are great but the storylines are INSANE. The end of season 2 was so completely bonkers that I'm done.
Hahahaha no..... it was excellent. It’s the first time I’ve been crazy impressed with the ending of a season. Usually I go “mehhh. That’s it? All the build up and this?” Not this time. It was worth every agonizing second. 

May not be a 3rd season, so there’s that. 

I thought the second season of GLOW (Netflix) was even better than the first.

NotoriousEAM said:
Anybody into FORTITUDE? It's set in Iceland. You think you're getting into a police drama and then things get crazy. Finishing up Season 2 which is shockingly gruesome. 

It really jumped the shark by Episode 9 or 10 in first season.  But I continued to watch and will likely suffer through Season 2 as well.   BTW it takes place in Norway, not Iceland.

Whomever recommended Silk, thank you. I like it a lot. 

Not sure if Sinner has been mentioned. Totally hooked.   

NotoriousEAM said:
Anybody into FORTITUDE? It's set in Iceland. You think you're getting into a police drama and then things get crazy. Finishing up Season 2 which is shockingly gruesome. 

It really jumped the shark by Episode 9 or 10 in first season.  But I continued to watch and will likely suffer through Season 2 as well.   BTW it takes place in Norway, not Iceland.

Amazon Prime

Hostages was fantastic - both seasons.

Even better : Hatufim/Prisoners of War. It is the original Israeli series from which Homeland was adapted...and it is SO much better.
 How does one watch it?

Has anyone mentioned 'The Good Place' yet? Really light and clever.

debby said:
Has anyone mentioned 'The Good Place' yet? Really light and clever.

I love The Good Place.

I watch The Break with Michelle Wolf every week on Netflix.  It's sorta funny. I like her.  and it's only 23 minutes. 

I'm bingeing GOLIATH and quite enjoying it. Thank to whomever mentioned it here. 

so, I finished GOLIATH tonight. It really went way over the top at the end. It got a bit silly. And Mark Duplass, for all his success as an indy film guy, was terribly miscast. And his character was foolish.  Other than that, it had some really good moments and some good characters. 

Just launched Goliath. It had me at "Northwestern." No spoilers! 

(I'll never be able to see Molly Parker as anybody but Alma Garrett btw.)

Just finished Sinner.  My new favorite series.  Am I the only one who has seen it?

jeffl said:
Just finished Sinner.  My new favorite series.  Am I the only one who has seen it?

Where can I find it?

It's on USA Network and Season 2 starts next week, Wednesday, August  1. You should be able to find Season 1 on demand  (FIOS)

snowmom said:

jeffl said:
 Where can I find it?

It’s on Netflix. Jeffl, is it a dark show? Horror? Scifi? I saw the flier for it and wasn’t sure.  

ElizMcCord said:

snowmom said:

jeffl said:
 Where can I find it?
It’s on Netflix. Jeffl, is it a dark show? Horror? Scifi? I saw the flier for it and wasn’t sure.  

It’s a little dark but more a tense murder mystery.I saw it on Netflix and binged it.

Anyone watch Castle Rock on Hulu yet?

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:
so, I finished GOLIATH tonight. It really went way over the top at the end. It got a bit silly. And Mark Duplass, for all his success as an indy film guy, was terribly miscast. And his character was foolish.  Other than that, it had some really good moments and some good characters. 

Nina Arianda describing her evening skincare routine almost made the grisly bits worth watching. Love her.

j_r said:

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:
 Nina Arianda describing her evening skincare routine almost made the grisly bits worth watching. Love her.

Just finished watching The Sinner [Netflix].  Not perfect but definitely worth watching.

Fun seeing Bill Pullman in a completely different role.

snowmom said:
Just finished watching The Sinner [Netflix].  Not perfect but definitely worth watching.
Fun seeing Bill Pullman in a completely different role.

Loved it. 

I binged Prisoners of War (the Israeli show Homeland was based on) and wow. It was so different from Homeland - much more emotional. I think I cried at some point in almost every episode. The first season is almost all about the emotions and reactions of the ex prisoners and their loved ones and a lot of flashbacks to violence and torture they endured. The second season is the more "Homeland-y" but again it's very different. Unfortunately, the Hulu subtitles are not as good as Netflix. They don't tell you what's on papers the characters read, or note if they are speaking Arabic or Hebrew (which at certain parts is hard to discern but important to the storyline). Definitely recommend.

Anyone watching Maniac on Netflix?  Looks interesting haven't delved into it yet.

Ozark season 2 was excellent on par with season 1 IMO.

My latest binge is The Marvelous Mrs Maisel - it's great - only a few episodes in.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.