What series should I watch next?

snowmom said:
Paranoid on Netflix.  English murder mystery [yes I'm addicted].

Just binged it. (Another addict here) Certain characters got on my nerves, but I'd watch a season 2. 

I’m really enjoying season 2 of Good Karma Hospital. Yeah it’s somewhat soapy, but for me it’s light relief from all the heavy moody stuff ‘he’ inflicts on me relentlessly every evening whether I’m in the mood for it or not cheese 

Not sleeping for a couple of nights allows for some binge-watching. 

joanne said:
I’m really enjoying season 2 of Good Karma Hospital. Yeah it’s somewhat soapy, but for me it’s light relief from all the heavy moody stuff ‘he’ inflicts on me relentlessly every evening whether I’m in the mood for it or not cheese 

Not sleeping for a couple of nights allows for some binge-watching. 

Available here on Acorn TV.

Is anyone watching Barry on HBO? I just binged the first 6 episodes and it's pretty good. (I happen to be a Bill Hader fan too, and he's put together some show here.)

drummerboy said:
Is anyone watching Barry on HBO? I just binged the first 6 episodes and it's pretty good. (I happen to be a Bill Hader fan too, and he's put together some show here.)

I have Barry on my maybe list for the future (once I finish Shameless). Is it worthwhile?

Meanwhile, I just watched Episode 2, Season 2, of Westworld. I have no clue what's going on with all these timelines. This may not be the show for my aging brain. Too confusing.

If you have Amazon TV, the answer is easy: Sneaky Pete.  It stars Giovanni Ribisi and he plays an extremely slippery con artist.  Excellent show.

Although not Soprano-like, we have also enjoyed many of the Masterpiece Theatre offerings on Netflix including Downton Abbey and The Crown.

drummerboy said:

I just watched the first episode. I'm not a Stephon fan but Bill Hader is really, really good in this.

Times review

“Safe” on Netflix written by Harlan Coben (NJ native) with Michael C Hall, in an English accent seems promising. Just tuned in. 

ETA: it’s really good. I recommend it. Michael C Hall’s English accent is whack though. 

Marcella.  Binged a few episodes last night and then couldn't sleep.

"Evil Genius" on Netflix, a true-crime documentary series about a deadly bank robbery in Erie, Pa. It's kind of an inside-out version of the Serial podcast series.

Anyone see Hostages?   I’m in with both feet.  But it’s Hebrew with subtitles so you have to not be put off by subtitles.  

I found a channel called Heroes and Icons, H&I, on cable. To my delight I found 2 Steven Bochco classics, Hill Street Blues and NYPD Blue. Now if I can find LA Law and Homicide, I'm set.

Morganna said:
I found a channel called Heroes and Icons, H&I, on cable. To my delight I found 2 Steven Bochco classics, Hill Street Blues and NYPD Blue. Now if I can find LA Law and Homicide, I'm set.

I’ve been watching ER on PopTV. Brings back memories.  

Paranoid is not easy to handle if you’re a migraineur cheese 

I’m not a fan of super-fast camera-angle changes, lighting changes, scene changes, music that’s meant to get your heart racing or your limbic brain on alert... all that stuff just sets off my pain centres and leaves me reeling instead of sending me into Escapeville where I can sort clues. 

How do the rest of you handle the mental cacophony??

joanne said:
Paranoid is not easy to handle if you’re a migraineur cheese 
I’m not a fan of super-fast camera-angle changes, lighting changes, scene changes, music that’s meant to get your heart racing or your limbic brain on alert... all that stuff just sets off my pain centres and leaves me reeling instead of sending me into Escapeville where I can sort clues. 
How do the rest of you handle the mental cacophony??

not a fan of the overused flying, jerky cameras.

I loved the French show Black Spot (a highly inaccurate translation of its original title Zone Blanche), which is available on Amazon.  The promotional blurb:  

Villefranche is a small town with no phone reception on the edge of a mysterious forest. The number of inhabitants is dwindling but there's a sharp rise in crime. Police inspector Laurène, once the victim of a crime herself, keeps on discovering fresh corpses.

Is The Borgias any good?

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

Morganna said:
 I’ve been watching ER on PopTV. Brings back memories.  

Is Pop TV on cable? As hospital dramas go, I'd love to see the whole St. Elsewhere series. Working nights in clubs I missed a lot of these series.

If you have Fios, it's Channel 194 regular def and 694 high def.

ElizMcCord said:
“Safe” on Netflix written by Harlan Coben (NJ native) with Michael C Hall, in an English accent seems promising. Just tuned in. 

ETA: it’s really good. I recommend it. Michael C Hall’s English accent is whack though. 

Good choice for this rainy day. I agree on the accent, though. Why not just make him an American doctor living in the UK?

I’m taking a break from watching “safe”, I cant do Dexter with a British accent.

It's silly. It's stupid. It's similar to Sex and the City - but with less charm and wit, but Season 4 of "Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce" is now up on Netflix. A guilty pleasure. It has no calories so I'm not feeling too bad about watching it.

mem said:
I’m taking a break from watching “safe”, I cant do Dexter with a British accent.

Take my word for it, don't go back. 

"Safe" was ok, I just don't care at all for Mr Hall.

I bought the whole West Wing series. I can binge watch whenever I need to pretend  we are under the care of President Bartlett.

Morganna said:
I bought the whole West Wing series. I can binge watch whenever I need to pretend  we are under the care of President Bartlett.

Everything I learned about government I got from The West Wing. 

2-hour season finale of Law and Order SVU tonight. Yes, I still watch it religiously. Olivia Benson still kicking *** and taking names. 

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:
2-hour season finale of Law and Order SVU tonight. Yes, I still watch it religiously. Olivia Benson still kicking *** and taking names. 

Thanks for the heads up!  I'll have to catch Rachel after midnight.

I'm guessing that you know her mom was Jayne Mansfield and her dad Mickey Hargitay.

Hostages is SO GOOD!   Just finished season 1.  

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!