The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

mtierney said:

Would men elect a nip and tuck, reversible procedure do you think? A woman having to have an irreversible abortion has a lot more invested in the sex game.

Meanwhile Biden hits an all-time presidential low point!

That's a "Direction of Country" poll. The GOP has something to do with why people are so negative about that. 

nohero said:

mtierney said:

Would men elect a nip and tuck, reversible procedure do you think? A woman having to have an irreversible abortion has a lot more invested in the sex game.

Meanwhile Biden hits an all-time presidential low point!

That's a "Direction of Country" poll. The GOP has something to do with why people are so negative about that. 

The GOP is probably mostly responsible for that result, along with the extremists on the Supreme Court. The country truly is headed in the wrong direction with fair elections under attack by TFG's lackeys in the states, as well as the refusal of 1/3 of the country to live in a fact-based world. 

Joe Biden is not the reason the country is on the highway to hell.

ml1 said:

Joe Biden is not the reason the country is on the highway to hell.

This first cartoon demonstrates the many, many huge issues this country faces. Too much for any one party to solve — much less an 80 year old Biden and the shattered Democratic Party. 

Trump was handed  extremely difficult issues during his term, Covid certainly was a biggy. The virus became the hot potato of politics, placed within the casserole of persecution, impeachment, senate hearings, the Democrats kept dishing out, relentlessly. How could Mrs Clinton have lost to the orangeman? How could she have not is a better question.

Where are these disillusioned voters?

My daughter was asked to write a letter at school to help cheer somebody up. Should I mail this to Mar-a-Lago?

mtierney said:

This first cartoon demonstrates the many, many huge issues this country faces. Too much for any one party to solve — much less an 80 year old Biden and the shattered Democratic Party. 

Trump was handed  extremely difficult issues during his term, Covid certainly was aH biggy. The virus became the hot potato of politics, placed within the casserole of persecution, impeachment, senate hearings, the Democrats kept dishing out, relentlessly. How could Mrs Clinton have lost to the orangeman? How could she have not is a better question.

If Trump had managed a somewhat adult-like response to the Covid pandemic, he would have been re-elected.  Shall I play the clip of Trump talking about drinking disinfectant and using bright lights to stop the virus?

The investigations of Trump were no more intense that those faced by Bill Clinton.

mtierney said:

Trump was handed  extremely difficult issues during his term, Covid certainly was a biggy. The virus became the hot potato of politics, placed within the casserole of persecution, impeachment, senate hearings, the Democrats kept dishing out, relentlessly. How could Mrs Clinton have lost to the orangeman? How could she have not is a better question.

You do know a scapegoat is someone who has been wrongfully blamed?

ml1 said:

mtierney said:

You do know a scapegoat is someone who has been wrongfully blamed?

It's bad enough when the cartoon is stupid, but to just be proudly illiterate is something else.

drummerboy said:

It's bad enough when the cartoon is stupid, but to just be proudly illiterate is something else.

in the case of my intentional selection of the scapegoated Biden cartoon, each and every allegation hanging off his horns reflect the juggling acts of a man inundated with mistakes, and errors of judgment, the spoken word, etc,, since he was elected. I couldn’t resist!

Some news bits of late are missing — but there is always another cartoon, or another faux pas with Joe.

mtierney said:

in the case of my intentional selection of the scapegoated Biden cartoon, each and every allegation hanging off his horns reflect the juggling acts of a man inundated with mistakes, and errors of judgment, the spoken word, etc,, since he was elected. I couldn’t resist!

Some news bits of late are missing — but there is always another cartoon, or another faux pas with Joe.

but the cartoon suggests the opposite of what you are trying to say. 

Whether I agree with your point or not, your comment and accompanying illustration were inherently contradictory. 

So maybe you should have resisted. 

mtierney said:

drummerboy said:

I didn't take a good look at the cartoon earlier.  Aren't jobs and wages going up a good thing? And does the photo show the "inflation" horse breaking down?

Despite mtierney's comment, the cartoon seems to be suggesting that Biden is driving a wagon that's going in a very good direction indeed, with jobs and wages pulling along weakening inflation?

or is it trying to say inflation is dragging down the great jobs and wages news?

or what? it's another really stupid cartoon either way.

ml1 said:

I didn't take a good look at the cartoon earlier.  Aren't jobs and wages going up a good thing? And does the photo show the "inflation" horse breaking down?

Despite mtierney's comment, the cartoon seems to be suggesting that Biden is driving a wagon that's going in a very good direction indeed, with jobs and wages pulling along weakening inflation?

or is it trying to say inflation is dragging down the great jobs and wages news?

or what? it's another really stupid cartoon either way.

yeah, I can't figure it out either.

Since analyzing cartoons is captivating liberals, there is this one…

yeah, that's a toughie.

Ramirez drew that one before we knew what the FBI were looking for.

Mtierney posted it here after we knew what the FBI were looking for.

No analysis needed, really.

But, now we know!

Andrew McCarthy sorts out the Mar-a-Lago mess:

There’s a game prosecutors play. Let’s say I suspect X committed an armed robbery, but I know X is dealing drugs. So, I write a search-warrant application laying out my overwhelming probable cause that X has been selling small amounts of cocaine from his apartment. I don’t say a word in the warrant about the robbery, but I don’t have to. If the court grants me the warrant for the comparatively minor crime of cocaine distribution, the agents are then authorized to search the whole apartment. If they find robbery tools, a mask, and a gun, the law allows them to seize those items. As long as agents are conducting a legitimate search, they are authorized to seize any obviously incriminating evidence they come across. Even though the warrant was ostensibly about drug offenses, the prosecutors can use the evidence seized to charge robbery.

I believe that principle is key to understanding the FBI’s search of former president Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida on Monday. The ostensible justification for the search of Trump’s compound is his potentially unlawful retention of government records and mishandling of classified information. The real reason is the Capitol riot.

mtierney said:

But, now we know!

The real reason is the Capitol riot.

Its you know. Not we know,

Its hard to post any more stupid than that. You have defined yourself to us by what you post.

Here's the real reason. Most likely a waste of my time showing you this link.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/02/09/trump-archives-justice-department/

The referral from the National Archives came amid recent revelations
that officials recovered 15 boxes of materials from the former
president’s Mar-a-Lago residence in Florida that were not handed back in
to the government as they should have been, and that Trump had turned
over other White House records that had been torn up. Archives officials
suspected Trump had possibly violated laws concerning the handling of
government documents — including those that might be considered
classified — and reached out to the Justice Department, the people
familiar with the matter said.

Trump’s years-long defiance of the Presidential Records Act, which
requires the preservation of memos, letters, notes, emails, faxes and
other written communications related to a president’s official duties,
has long raised concerns among historians and legal observers.

mtierney said:

But, now we know!

He was okay in Mannequin and Pretty in Pink, but his best role was in Less Than Zero. 

Trump could sell a nuclear bomb to the Taliban and he wouldn't lose mtierney's vote.

RTrent, thanks for that link.

(gotta admit, i like the part of the above cartoon about mattress tags, though i'm not comfortable about mocking the DOJ's more probable goals)

Just when you think the NYT, our paper of record, is on the side of truth and justice, this is a wake-up call that the paper is desperate to appear relevant. 

https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/08/source-backs-bari-weiss-account-that-new-york-times-wanted-to-run-tim-scott-op-ed-by-schumer/

PVW said:

Trump could sell a nuclear bomb to the Taliban and he wouldn't lose mtierney's vote.

But, it is  Biden who has allowed the Taliban back into Afghanistan. Biden didn’t need a nuclear bomb. He accomplished it with a stroke of his pen.  

mtierney said:

But, it is  Biden who has allowed the Taliban back into Afghanistan. Biden didn’t need a nuclear bomb. He accomplished it with a stroke of his pen.  

You know, the normal response would have been "that's ridiculous and insulting, I would of course never support someone who sold nuclear weapons, especially not to a repressive, violent regime like the Taliban."

But, true to form, you decided that instead the best response was to try and attack Democrats.

mtierney said:

what exactly is the reason that you refuse to acknowledge Trump's role in making a withdrawal deal with the Taliban and forcing Biden's hand in the withdrawal?

is it just rank dishonesty?

Or is it just willful ignorance?

homework for mt

mtierney said:

The Taliban had never left Afghanistan, and Trump negotiated the agreement with them under which U.S. troops left. But, go on …

mtierney said:

Biden didn’t need a nuclear bomb. He accomplished it with a stroke of his pen.  

Which signing are you referring to?

mtierney said:

Realigning of evildoers in Afghanistan and elsewhere…

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/08/13/us/politics/al-qaeda-afghanistan.html

Which signing were you referring to when you wrote of Biden’s stroke of his pen?

DaveSchmidt said:

Which signing are you referring to?

The presidential approval ordering the exit of our troops from Afghanistan ASAP rather than the planned, orderly withdrawal, providing safety and security for all who worked/supported the USA. Biden botched it in his desire to clear the decks for his agenda, and appear relevant. Didn’t work. The blowback continues.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!