The Rose Garden and White House happenings: Listening to voters’ concerns

nohero said:

"USA News Love" 

Russian?

No need for navel gazing…This is from Politico — and all the news channels, including CNN, are carrying the story of 53 immigrants baking to death at Eagle Pass. Where is our Czar?

“What happened: Rep. Henry Cuellar (D-Texas) said he spoke to Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas on Tuesday following the deaths of at least 50 migrants in an unrefrigerated truck outside of San Antonio — and plans to pursue options through his senior role on the Appropriations Committee to help address the surge in border crossings. That comes as there's no sign of any broader thaw in the polarized approach of both parties toward immigration.

“Here's how Cuellar framed the tragedy to POLITICO. He's a moderate Democrat who survived a primary challenge in part by pledging to "secure the border."

"Right now, the Republicans have been blaming Joe Biden's policies and Mayorkas and all that. You know, I'm not interested in that. I'm really trying to do, as the vice chair of the appropriations in the Homeland [Security Subcommittee], trying to find the solutions to the problems that we're facing right now."

— Rep. Henry Cuellar in an interview on Tuesday

“Asked if anything could happen given its proximity to the election — and as GOP Latino gains have shown to be fairly durable in South Texas — Cuellar responded: "Unfortunately, the closer you get to an election, the more those political points become more pointed. And, you know, it happens on both sides. I see it on both sides."

“His fellow south Texan, Rep. Vicente Gonzalez (D-Texas),who will battle Rep. Mayra Flores (R-Texas) in a redrawn seat in the fall, said in a statement to POLITICO: "It is past time for Congress to pass immigration reform legislation that offers immigrants a pathway to citizenship, keeps our Border Patrol officers safe, ensures local governments and immigration courts have adequate resources to address migration, and punishes human traffickers to the fullest extent possible. This must end.”

“We told you back in May that the chances for anything approaching a comprehensive immigration deal this Congress were "zero," even as the issue has languished for decades without real action.

“That doesn't look super likely to change even as the country grapples with the tragedy's death toll now eclipsing that of the Pulse nightclub shooting in 2016. Remember how loud the calls for action to address gun violence were following that?

“But the partisan corners were in full view following the tragedy. Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) said the incident is a "heartbreaking reminder that there is nothing compassionate about Biden’s open border policies that encourage human trafficking."

“Democrats, on the other hand, called for Biden to do away with policies like the pandemic-era Title 42 program ….”

Foot note by me….Rep. Gonzales has been in Washington for years! Maybe Ms Flores will be able to accomplish something!

If we had an open border, people wouldn't be smuggled in via trucks.

And I assume you know who's blocking any attempt at immigration reform, right? Hint - it begins with Republicans.

And what the hell is this? "open border insurance policies."

That's a new piece of word salad to me.

drummerboy said:

Say what? Got me googling, finding this

Road, Rail, Air or Sea – cover yourself

Whichever way your goods are travelling and for however long or short the journey, make sure you know that your assets are protected and protected properly. Even if your buyer commits to arranging the insurance, ensure you receive clear evidence of the cover and ask what level of cover is provided as this ranges from what insurers call the “Institute Cargo Clause A” (considered to be the broadest cover) to “Clause B” (more restricted than “A”) to “Clause “C” (the most limited cover). “Open cover” or an annual policy is often used by companies making frequent shipments over a 12-month period and insurers protect the cargo shipped during the year up to an agreed limit. Or you can opt for a “single shipment” cargo policy.

yeah, I'm sure that's what they're referring to.

mtierney said:

https://www.nationalreview.com/2022/06/the-coming-border-surge-is-completely-preventable/

If the NR above gives you hives, just look at the video.

As you know, we love to watch the video here on the MOL.

nohero said:

As you know, we love to watch the video here on the MOL.

But this one is from the National Review! ;-)

drummerboy said:

And I assume you know who's blocking any attempt at immigration reform, right? Hint - it begins with Republicans.

The word "insurance" doesn't appear in mtierney's post.

ridski said:

drummerboy said:

It's in the article.

ridski said:

drummerboy said:

Thank you, Ridski. I did not understand DB’s response, but that is often the case…..

mtierney said:

While on the topic of our border czar, Kamala Harris, Future POTUS, there is this…

https://usanewslove.com/kamala-harris-breaks-silence-on-53-texas-migrant-deaths-says-abbott-went-straight-to-politics/

The headline reveals all: not my fault….blame game starts with Texas governor….Jab about making immigration a political issue…etc 

Aside from uttering a particularly messy word salad yesterday, where is she fulfilling her duties — I believe Biden was in Germany — so maybe she was keeping his seat warm?

mtierney said:

ridski said:

drummerboy said:

Thank you, Ridski. I did not understand DB’s response, but that is often the case…..

I guess I was the only one here who actually read mt's link:

https://usanewslove.com/kamala-harris-breaks-silence-on-53-texas-migrant-deaths-says-abbott-went-straight-to-politics/

“These deaths are on Biden,” tweeted Abbott Monday evening. “They’re a
results of his lethal open border insurance policies. They present the
lethal penalties of his refusal to implement the legislation.”

mtierney said:

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/mexican-born-texas-republican-flips-house-seat-in-special-election/

I’m reposting this link which no one read, or if they did, failed to recognize or learn about, what’s happening in America. Call it a public service by me. Of course, AOC failed to acknowledge this young woman’s monumental achievement —a first time win  in 100+ years.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/30/us/politics/ketanji-brown-jackson-sworn-in-supreme-court.html

I'm reposting this link which no one will read, or actually one person will not read or, if she did, failed to recognize and learn about, what's happening in America. Call it a targeted call out by me. Of course, one specific person failed to acknowledge this woman's monumental achievement -- a first time seating in... ever.

drummerboy said:

ridski said:

drummerboy said:

It's in the article.

Do you have a link to the article, because when I google the text and politico I just get this: https://www.politico.com/minutes/congress/06-29-2022/immigration-chatter-in-madrid/

Edit, never mind, just saw db's link to the AI article.

I took this screen grab of one such passage, precisely to show how insane it is that mtierney actually shared this, thinking it proved a point. Maybe mtierney should read the caption on the image there and go find out who the AP photographer is that took it.

ridski said:

Do you have a link to the article, because when I google the text and politico I just get this: https://www.politico.com/minutes/congress/06-29-2022/immigration-chatter-in-madrid/

Edit, never mind, just saw db's link to the AI article.

I took this screen grab of one such passage, precisely to show how insane it is that mtierney actually shared this, thinking it proved a point. Maybe mtierney should read the caption on the image there and go find out who the AP photographer is that took it.

It could have been worse. The artificial not-too-intelligent bot could have changed "Eric Gay" to "Eric Sodomist" instead.

What my MOL fans fail to recognize, year in year out, is that I recognize there are facets, innuendo, lies, misinterpretations of facts, in all news stories and in all personal conviction.

On the other hand, the left here see evil only in Republicans — effectively cutting out all other voices in order to stay within the parameters of truth as they see it. Resentment is visceral when I , and a palm full of “others”, raise an opposing thought, or slant, 
on what purports to be news. On a similar local Russian blog (none exist, I understand,) I would disappear for the greater good of society.

For the entire time Trump was running for president, and over his four years as POTUS ( this period, he was investigated multiple times by the Senate, suffered two impeachment trials, he still put the politics aside to focus on the mobilization the nation’s talents to  find Covid vaccines — They found 3 in as many months.

Now, tell me what Joe has accomplished thus far? I asked a similar question days ago, and no one answered. 

Aside from ending the 20 year Afghanistan War in a disgraceful  manner, what has he fiercely mumbled over recently? Abortion rights, how to overcome SCOTUS decisions, our non-existent inflation, while  he really should have finished the border wall as a visible statement of our nation’s sovereignty. Instead, Joe put out a welcome mat for the world’s diaspora . Fifty three humans were found roasted alive in a truck in Eagle Pass, Texas recently — a truck which had “passed” an inspection station at the border!

So, extol the virtues of Joe and Kamala for me. I’ll wait.

mtierney said:

What my MOL fans fail to recognize, year in year out, is that I recognize there are facets, innuendo, lies, misinterpretations of facts, in all news stories and in all personal conviction.

On the other hand, the left here see evil only in Republicans — effectively cutting out all other voices in order to stay within the parameters of truth as they see it. Resentment is visceral when I , and a palm full of “others”, raise an opposing thought, or slant, 
on what purports to be news. On a similar local Russian blog (none exist, I understand,) I would disappear for the greater good of society.

For the entire time Trump was running for president, and over his four years as POTUS ( this period, he was investigated multiple times by the Senate, suffered two impeachment trials, he still put the politics aside to focus on the mobilization the nation’s talents to  find Covid vaccines — They found 3 in as many months.

Now, tell me what Joe has accomplished thus far? I asked a similar question days ago, and no one answered. 

Aside from ending the 20 year Afghanistan War in a disgraceful  manner, what has he fiercely mumbled over recently? Abortion rights, how to overcome SCOTUS decisions, our non-existent inflation, while  he really should have finished the border wall as a visible statement of our nation’s sovereignty. Instead, Joe put out a welcome mat for the world’s diaspora . Fifty three humans were found roasted alive in a truck in Eagle Pass, Texas recently — a truck which had “passed” an inspection station at the border!

You really are a vile, odious "person", with ZERO understanding of any of us "on the left". We have offered any number of examples of successes and accomplishments of Biden and the Dems, a few reasonable Republican ideas, and plenty of criticism of the worst pile of dog excrement from the Trumpublicans, and their sympathizers (you!). I fully expect to get sidelined by this, but you are the one who should be excommunicated from MOL. 

mtierney said:

and over his four years as POTUS ( this period, he was investigated multiple times by the Senate, suffered two impeachment trials, he still put the politics aside to focus on the mobilization the nation’s talents to  find Covid vaccines — They found 3 in as many months.

Aside from ending the 20 year Afghanistan War in a disgraceful  manner, what has he fiercely mumbled over recently? 

I would say that efforts to combat Covid proceeded in spite of Trump more than because of Trump.

In Afghanistan, please note that Joe was implementing Trump's agreement with the Taliban.

“What my MOL fans fail to recognize, year in year out, is that I recognize there are facets, innuendo, lies, misinterpretations of facts, in all news stories and in all personal conviction.”

I’m not a fan of yours. You think by bumping up your threads every day with offensive conservative crap, that you have some kind of fan base here? 
Innuendos are the Italian suppositories Rudy gave to trumpenstein after he lost the election. As for the lies…Trumpenstein’s are in the thousands 

Everyone has their lines. Your continuing support of the Trumpist attack against America crosses a line for me.

As I've pointed out before, in a large and diverse country such as ours it's important to have a way to work through our differences and so, over time, continue to grow together as a country. You and your fellow Trumpists, in striking at the heart of our democratic process, seek to instead impose your own views on the entire country. That can only lead to a choice between despotism or violence -- and most likely both.

Watch the Jan. 6 hearings. Pay attention to what's at stake. This is beyond and more fundamental than partisanship. The ability of people like you and I to argue our differences with words and votes rather than with guns and bombs is what's on the line here.

I rest my case.

No one speaks in defense of Joe Biden. Attacking mt is all you got. 

And I rest mine. Charged with supporting a violent, insurrectionist political movement all mt can do is attack Joe Biden. Terminal partisanship is all she's got.

mtierney said:

I rest my case.

that could be because your posts are filled with misinformation and need to be corrected.

that's just a guess though.

mtierney said:

I rest my case.

Impressed with yourself????? Of course you are. A few things...3.8% unemployment, infrastructure bill that was proposed and actually passed, massive job growth, massive GDP growth, revitalizing NATO, massively supporting a burgeoning democracy in eastern Europe, strengthening the ACA, effective distribution of Covid vaccines...need I go on. Stop your BS nonsense, and Trump worship, and admit that Biden HAS done a number of very strong things, in the face of complete and total obstruction by the Trumpublicans. You are an ignorant POS who should be "retired" permanently.

mtierney said:

Ah yes, the victim card once again. You have an unlimited supply.

mtierney said:

I rest my case.

More likely, nobody cared enough about your opinion to want to engage in a futile exercise to convince you.

Here's some reading, if you care to be informed -

From the Administration: One Year of Biden-Harris | The White House

From a Biden fan: What Biden Has Done (wordpress.com)

From Fox News (!): 5 good things Biden has done for all of us | Fox News

nohero said:

mtierney said:

I rest my case.

More likely, nobody cared enough about your opinion to want to engage in a futile exercise to convince you.

Here's some reading, if you care to be informed -

From the Administration: One Year of Biden-Harris | The White House

From a Biden fan: What Biden Has Done (wordpress.com)

From Fox News (!): 5 good things Biden has done for all of us | Fox News

Especially to someone who still doesn't understand how the vaccines were developed nor how Biden actually did a pretty remarkable job in the Afghanistan withdrawal (largest airlift in history) left to him by Trump - whose role she still hasn't acknowledged.

drummerboy said:

Especially to someone who still doesn't understand how the vaccines were developed nor how Biden actually did a pretty remarkable job in the Afghanistan withdrawal (largest airlift in history) left to him by Trump - whose role she still hasn't acknowledged.

that was another of Trumpenstein’s plan z… leave the rotary oscillator on and put the flush mode on the toilet on a timer…

mtierney -- you've posted excerpts and links to David French's Third Rail Atlantic newsletter a few times. I'm subscribed to that, as well as to a few other Atlantic newsletters. Here's one of them -- Imani Perry's Unsettled Territory -- talking about a topic you often post on:

When Borders Become Death Traps

Thoughts?

mtierney said:

You may have missed the very long MOL discussion made up mostly of criticisms of the NYT, and to a lesser extent, other mainstream new sources. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.