Impeachment Trial - Not Guilty Enough

Mitch has made the political judgement that Trump is no longer useful to him. Many say that he served Trump well, but they have it exactly backwards. Mitch only needed Trump to allow him to reshape the judiciary. We'll be paying for this for a long time.

I guess the Justice Department should follow the advice of Trump's lawyers.  Investigate everything that led up to the insurrection, and then arrest Trump and put him on trial.  

ml1 said:

I guess the Justice Department should follow the advice of Trump's lawyers.  Investigate everything that led up to the insurrection, and then arrest Trump and put him on trial.  

Sounded like the same conclusion Mitch came to.

Morganna said:

ml1 said:

Mitch basically said that Trump is guilty as heck, but he voted to acquit him, and he feels the Feds should go after him, so if and when that happens he can call it partisan overreach. That man is human scum.

Just to spite Mitch - I sorta hope that Trump announces his plan to run as the Republican 2024 nominee.

basil said:

Morganna said:

ml1 said:

Mitch basically said that Trump is guilty as heck, but he voted to acquit him, and he feels the Feds should go after him, so if and when that happens he can call it partisan overreach. That man is human scum.

Exactly this.  It's also clear that he lied when he swore his oath to be an impartial juror.

basil said:

I'm hoping someone  will use these speeches by Republicans in future campaign ads.  

Also trying to find a tin lining in the week's events. I played a "who do you hate most" game these past 4 years and Mitch was always in my top 5. I may be handing the crown to Lindsey Graham, but Mitch has always been a strong contender. 

He just wants to 1. Keep his job as Minority Leader, become Majority Leader after the mid-terms and possibly replace Trump as titular leader of the Republican Party.

He threw Trump under the bus after the bus left the station.

STANV said:

He just wants to 1. Keep his job as Minority Leader, become Majority Leader after the mid-terms and possibly replace Trump as titular leader of the Republican Party.

Mitch aside for the moment, I'm listening to some of the charges against the individual rioters. Here's my question: is there a more serious charge if an individual takes an action as part of a group attempt as opposed to a singular action.

My thought is, if one tries to break the glass of a window to enter the capitol, is it a lesser charge if I do it alone? If I'm part of a group of thousands, isn't it more serious, as I'm part of an organized assault.

STANV said:

He knows that most of the GQP voters don't pay attention to speeches, just his "Not Guilty" vote.

We should do likewise.

And an excellent response to the general GQP "gloating" - 

nohero said:

GQP 

Perfect!

PVW said:

Morganna said:

The only word I can think of when I think of these Republicans is "craven." Pence was in danger of his life, and yet still will not denounce the man who would have shrugged to see him die, even after four years of obsequiousness. It's just such a disgusting pattern, going back to the 2016 primary. Cruz, Rubio, Graham, all personally and repeatedly insulted by Trump but now his unquestioning supporters. You want to look away from such humiliating self-abnegation.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.