Trump 2021

What are your predictions?

1) Trump will still be president?

2) Trump starts media channel

3) Trump begins 2024 campaign

4) Trump fades into the sunset

I'm hoping for 4.  He might do that as well if there's no outstanding litigation on the table.  If there is, then he may need 2 & 3 to counter any charges and keep his base on alert.

A cabal of right-wing money guys, shady operatives, and behind-the-scenes foreign operatives will put Trump at the head of a media operation.  It will include a television program, like Pat Robertson's "700 Club", with Trump in the Pat Robertson role, a younger woman as his co-host, and a slick, right-wing news guy as the anchorman.  It will also include paid-admission rallies, like a Joel Osteen church service, with some MAGA-approved entertainment, guest speakers and the featured message from The Donald himself.

Much profit for all involved.

nohero said:

A cabal of right-wing money guys, shady operatives, and behind-the-scenes foreign operatives will put Trump at the head of a media operation.  It will include a television program, like Pat Robertson's "700 Club", with Trump in the Pat Robertson role, a younger woman as his co-host, and a slick, right-wing news guy as the anchorman.  It will also include paid-admission rallies, like a Joel Osteen church service, with some MAGA-approved entertainment, guest speakers and the featured message from The Donald himself.

Much profit for all involved.

Kinda sounds like the film "Network".

PVW said:

Trump who?

Hasn't anyone been watching Colbert where he censors the name Trump like T****?  Maybe we should start implementing that here.

jamie said:

PVW said:

Trump who?

Hasn't anyone been watching Colbert where he censors the name Trump like T****?  Maybe we should start implementing that here.

Nah, he's not Voldemort, just a historic loser.

At First I thought he'd resign before the end of his term, but I think he's come up with a better (for him) plan. Stay in office but do nothing but issue pardons, fire people, and issue Executive orders to screw Biden. He can knock all that out in an hour every day and be on his golf course by 11.

When the weather gets too cold he can just take Air Force One to Florida and keep doing that from Mar-A-Lago.

Maybe he will issue a pardon for himself. Maybe he'll resign January 19th and let Pence pardon him 

I certainly feel he'll announce his candidacy for 2024. He'll collect donations and use them to enrich his lifestyle in any way he can ... lavish travel costs around campaign rallies is one example. Exorbitant staff salaries for his faithful supporters so he doesn't have to pay his pack of sycophants from his own pocket.

The wild card is just how strong a case NY State and NY city have against him and if he suspects there's a strong chance he actually faces successful prosecution and maybe a prison sentence. Maybe he scarpers to Russia on January 19th. 

mrincredible said:

I certainly feel he'll announce his candidacy for 2024. He'll collect donations and use them to enrich his lifestyle in any way he can ... lavish travel costs around campaign rallies is one example. Exorbitant staff salaries for his faithful supporters so he doesn't have to pay his pack of sycophants from his own pocket.

Better than that, he can start MAGAPAC.  Take donations that he says will be sent to MAGA-ish candidates, especially to run against RINOs in primaries.  Republicans who want to run in 2024 have to make a pilgrimage to Mar-a-Lago in the hopes of receiving his blessing.  It's all the adulation of running for office, without any of the bad stuff like having to answer questions or travel to states he'd rather not go to. 

nohero said:

Better than that, he can start MAGAPAC.  Take donations that he says will be sent to MAGA-ish candidates, especially to run against RINOs in primaries.  Republicans who want to run in 2024 have to make a pilgrimage to Mar-a-Lago in the hopes of receiving his blessing.  It's all the adulation of running for office, without any of the bad stuff like having to answer questions or travel to states he'd rather not go to. 

Yeah it seems like his style. 

Republicans will have to decide if they can win without the bolus of votes he can deliver. Without Trumpists, the Republican coalition is too small to win. Unless they think they can grab back some of the center, they'll feel like the need him.

I wonder what percent of MAGAPAC donations would get parcelled out to GOP candidates and how much would pay for overhead and operational costs. Like office rental in one of Trump's buildings. 

mrincredible said:

I wonder what percent of MAGAPAC donations would get parcelled out to GOP candidates and how much would pay for overhead and operational costs. Like office rental in one of Trump's buildings. 

I think you already know the answer to that question

basil said:

I think you already know the answer to that question

I actually think it would be awesome if he pulled such shenanigans and got in legal trouble for screwing over a bunch of Republican donors. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.