The Supermarket thread

Please don’t squeeze the Canaan.

drummerboy said:

Today I reached the promised land.

I never tried Kirkland t.p. 

Is it the John Wayne variety? Ya know, "Tough, rough and don't take no s... off of nobody"

Formerlyjerseyjack said:

drummerboy said:

Today I reached the promised land.

I never tried Kirkland t.p. 

Is it the John Wayne variety? Ya know, "Tough, rough and don't take no s... off of nobody"

no, no. It's plenty soft.  I do not sacrifice my butt for cheap TP.

Union Pork Store is up and running Thursdays-Saturdays. Call in the order; pick up in the parking lot in the back (after calling a separate number to let them know you’re there).

A heads-up: It’ll take a couple of hours or so for your order to be ready. Longer, I’d assume, if you need a special cut. You can call a day ahead.

Essex Green Shoprite today. Well stocked with the exception of lysol/Clorox sprays and wipes. 

Plenty Of meat and chicken, but all a little pricier than usual. 

cubby said:

Will Lysol or Clorox Disinfectant wipes ever return to the shelves?

If you sign up for Amazon subscribe and save you seem to jump to the front of the line. I’ve got a 4 pack of Lysol wipes arriving today. 

There are ShopRite branded disinfectant wipe at ShopRite, limit 2, available.  Lemony scented. 

How is it at the Millburn Trader Joe's? Are there long lines to get in?

Just for the record, I haven't seen a line at SR Livingston in a couple of weeks, I think. Last two trips to Costco East Hanover, same thing.

RobB said:

cubby said:

If you sign up for Amazon subscribe and save you seem to jump to the front of the line. I’ve got a 4 pack of Lysol wipes arriving today. 

Whats Amazon Subscribe?

While I haven’t seen the wipes, last week I was able to score a bottle of Lysol disinfectant at CVS Millburn. Then today a bottle of Clorox disinfectant at Shoprite on RT 22 Union. 

cubby said:

RobB said:

cubby said:

Whats Amazon Subscribe?

On certain items you have the option to order once - or you can have them subscribe for auto-refill.  For instance - here's an option for a bottle of Advil Liqui-Gels:

Shoprite now has both delivery and drop off in your car at Essex Green and in Millburn  Note that you still can't get a slot in Livingston, but there's lots of availability at Essex Green, with no minimum.  (Same owners as Livingston, and the nearly the same stock.)  And I've been using the Shoprite app for more than a year, and it is greatly improved.

Actually Livingston now has slots for pickup with only a couple days advance if you are flexible on time.  No longer needing to hover fingers over the keyboard at odd hours.

dianaid said:

Shoprite now has both delivery and drop off in your car at Essex Green and in Millburn  Note that you still can't get a slot in Livingston, but there's lots of availability at Essex Green, with no minimum.  (Same owners as Livingston, and the nearly the same stock.)  And I've been using the Shoprite app for more than a year, and it is greatly improved.

susan1014 said:

Agree but West Orange and Essex Green have many more, available more quickly.  I put in an order yesterday and picked it up at noon today and there were other slots, earlier and later.  Usually a few cars are waiting, but this time, I was the only person.  

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.