Twitter is a Private Company

GoSlugs said:

Why are people who idolize Musk so boring?

If only they were only boring. 

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:

paulsurovell said:

I wonder how much coverage this will get in major media, or whether we'll have to rely on Twitter to find out about it:

Did Kit Klarenberg reach out to any media outlets about this, or did he only give The Grayzone the information about what happened to him?

The event is part of the public record. Has any major media reported it?

What is the "public record" of these stops? Every other report of this event is based on the original report from Klarenberg. Can you identify what that "public record" is, or did you just make it up?

The law in question is the excessive reaction to Russia's attacks on individuals in Great Britain. As it is described in the article cited below, "the British Home Office has quietly gone about making it easier to detain and interrogate travelers at its borders, with little public notice."

New U.K. Border Security Law: A Frightening Response to the Skripal Poisoning - Just Security

Also in the public record. Any reporting by US major media or commentary by journalists at US major media?

https://www.nuj.org.uk/resource/nuj-expresses-concern-over-detention-of-journalist-kit-klarenberg.html

NUJ expresses concern over detention of journalist Kit Klarenberg

It's based on Klarenberg's claim, there's no independent reporting or "public record". So Did Kit Klarenberg reach out to any media outlets about this, or did he only give The Grayzone the information about what happened to him?

nohero said:

If only they were only boring. 

Matt, Candace and Elon should probably watch Sapolsky's lectures on Youtube, if they're serious about getting an answer, but they need to prepare for a few hours of listening and some science that I don't think they're well equipped for.

nohero said:

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:

paulsurovell said:

I wonder how much coverage this will get in major media, or whether we'll have to rely on Twitter to find out about it:

Did Kit Klarenberg reach out to any media outlets about this, or did he only give The Grayzone the information about what happened to him?

What is the "public record" of these stops? Every other report of this event is based on the original report from Klarenberg. Can you identify what that "public record" is, or did you just make it up?

The law in question is the excessive reaction to Russia's attacks on individuals in Great Britain. As it is described in the article cited below, "the British Home Office has quietly gone about making it easier to detain and interrogate travelers at its borders, with little public notice."

New U.K. Border Security Law: A Frightening Response to the Skripal Poisoning - Just Security

Also in the public record. Any reporting by US major media or commentary by journalists at US major media?

https://www.nuj.org.uk/resource/nuj-expresses-concern-over-detention-of-journalist-kit-klarenberg.html

It's based on Klarenberg's claim, there's no independent reporting or "public record". So Did Kit Klarenberg reach out to any media outlets about this, or did he only give The Grayzone the information about what happened to him?

how much US coverage should we expect of another country's border control laws? 

paulsurovell said:

And just like that - - it's gone. 

ml1 said:

nohero said:

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:

paulsurovell said:

how much US coverage should we expect of another country's border control laws? 

It depends on how much we expect the media to cover freedom of the press.

Elon hosts another Presidential candidate on Spaces. A lot of interesting comments by Elon as well as Bobby.

nohero said:

paulsurovell said:

Never underestimate the power of the establishment.

paulsurovell said:

you got that right….

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:

paulsurovell said:

The National Union of Journalists withdrew their support of Klarenberg once there was a chance to look into his story.

So Paul and the other Muskovites are going to do a 180 and spread lies about them, too.

nohero said:

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:

paulsurovell said:

The National Union of Journalists withdrew their support of Klarenberg once there was a chance to look into his story.

So Paul and the other Muskovites are going to do a 180 and spread lies about them, too.

@nohero said:

What's your source for this?

And to be clear, are you suggesting that I'm spreading "lies"? If so, identify them. If not, retract your statement.

PVW said:

Twitter’s U.S. Ad Sales Plunge 59% as Woes Continue (NYT)

Elon discussed that in his Spaces discussion with RFK Jr.

RFK Jr is Elon's second Spaces Cadet

paulsurovell said:

What's there to discuss? Either Musk is able to stop doing what he's doing and avert Twitter's ongoing decline as a business, or he's not. And he either does it -- and we can all see it -- or he doesn't -- and we can all see it.

PVW said:

paulsurovell said:

What's there to discuss? Either Musk is able to stop doing what he's doing and avert Twitter's ongoing decline as a business, or he's not. And he either does it -- and we can all see it -- or he doesn't -- and we can all see it.

Well there are 2750 comments in this thread, including many from you, so apparently there’s a lot to discuss.

I personally don’t see why this topic is the least bit interesting anymore. It’s clear to everyone and their brother, as well as Musk himself, that the Twitter purchase was a disaster. It’s also clear that the purchase was an ankle bite on Musk’s wealth, and that twitter’s spiral has had no meaningful effect on his public profile. So, so what if Twitter’s value falls another 5 or 10 billion. Yawn.

Musk haters would be better off cheering for Tesla’s demise. Now *that* would provide the desired comeuppance. 

Smedley said:

Well there are 2750 comments in this thread, including many from you, so apparently there’s a lot to discuss.

I personally don’t see why this topic is the least bit interesting anymore. It’s clear to everyone and their brother, as well as Musk himself, that the Twitter purchase was a disaster. It’s also clear that the purchase was an ankle bite on Musk’s wealth and twitter’s spiral has had no meaningful effect on his public profile. So, so what if Twitter’s value falls another 5 or 10 billion. Yawn.

Musk haters would be better off cheering for Tesla’s demise. Now *that* would provide the desired comeuppance. '

You and I are in agreement -- its quite clear that Musk's purchase of Twitter has been a disaster (welcome to the club btw -- earlier on you were arguing a different line). Hence my "what's there to discuss" directed at Paul who, unlike you, seems to not agree?

paulsurovell said:

PVW said:

Twitter’s U.S. Ad Sales Plunge 59% as Woes Continue (NYT)

Let me guess - it's another conspiracy theory.

Smedley said:

I personally don’t see why this topic is the least bit interesting anymore. It’s clear to everyone and their brother, as well as Musk himself, that the Twitter purchase was a disaster. It’s also clear that the purchase was an ankle bite on Musk’s wealth, and that twitter’s spiral has had no meaningful effect on his public profile. So, so what if Twitter’s value falls another 5 or 10 billion. Yawn.

That's not true. Musk's personal popularity has taken a major hit over the past year. Not surprisingly, among the group he's spent months trolling. 

What Musk’s right turn, Twitter trolling have cost him — reputationally

Maybe in the long run that won't hurt him or the performance of Tesla. Who knows?

But it's obvious his public and purposefully antagonizing of anyone to his left is hurting his persona. 

ml1 said:

Smedley said:

That's not true. Musk's personal popularity has taken a major hit over the past year. Not surprisingly, among the group he's spent months trolling. 

What Musk’s right turn, Twitter trolling have cost him — reputationally

Maybe in the long run that won't hurt him or the performance of Tesla. Who knows?

But it's obvious his public and purposefully antagonizing of anyone to his left is hurting his persona. 

Your article is four months old. 

https://today.yougov.com/topics/politics/articles-reports/2023/05/25/views-elon-musk-ron-desantis-yougov-poll

"As Musk navigates his role as the owner of Twitter, public sentiment appears to be warming toward his leadership."

"Approval of Musk's handling of his job as CEO of Twitter has risen in the past few months."

"since the end of 2022, more Americans have come to form an opinion of Musk, which has led to a rise in the share who view him favorably: 53% now say this they do, compared to 40% last December."

and even...wait for it...

" his increased popularity appears to be driven more by positive impressions of him increasing among Democrats than among Republicans."

Smedley said:

https://today.yougov.com/topics/politics/articles-reports/2023/05/25/views-elon-musk-ron-desantis-yougov-poll

"As Musk navigates his role as the owner of Twitter, public sentiment appears to be warming toward his leadership."

"Approval of Musk's handling of his job as CEO of Twitter has risen in the past few months."

"since the end of 2022, more Americans have come to form an opinion of Musk, which has led to a rise in the share who view him favorably: 53% now say this they do, compared to 40% last December."

" his increased popularity appears to be driven more by positive impressions of him increasing among Democrats than among Republicans."

Your article is 3 weeks old. Linda Yaccarino is the CEO of Twitter now.

Actually it's only 2 weeks old. But if you prefer the 4 month old article bc that fits your narrative, have at it. 

Paul owes us an apology

Smedley said:

Actually it's only 2 weeks old. But if you prefer the 4 month old article bc that fits your narrative, have at it. 

Thanks, "actually" guy. Tomorrow it'll be 3 weeks old. I didn't read or post either article and I don't have a narrative, but please continue.

Well if you had read the article, you'd see that Linda Yaccarino taking over as CEO was cited, because the article is so wonderfully recent. But never let the onerous task of reading an article get in the way of a good drive-by potshot. 

“This shift coincides with political events, namely Florida Governor Ron DeSantis stepping into the 2024 presidential race via a live announcement on Twitter, which took place shortly after this poll completed fielding.”

cool cheese

Smedley said:

you left out the numbers. It's still only a minority of Democrats who rate Musk favorably:

Republicans (74%) are far more likely than Democrats (40%) to have a favorable view of Musk; his increased popularity appears to be driven more by positive impressions of him increasing among Democrats than among Republicans.

and it's only one poll.

That was from March.

• This year's rankings are based on a survey of 16,310 Americans from a nationally representative sample conducted March 13–28.

There's also this:

Smedley said:

That was from March.

• This year's rankings are based on a survey of 16,310 Americans from a nationally representative sample conducted March 13–28.

There's also this:

if you go back to my earlier comment, I allowed that all of this may have no effect on Tesla's performance. And I also noted that Musk's reputation took a hit among a specific group of people. 

So I'm not sure what you're arguing with. I never predicted doom for Tesla. And honestly I don't want to see a green energy company struggle.  

A lot of Democrats are probably like me. Over the last couple of years I've learned that Musk is personally a jerk. But if I'm thinking of buying an EV, I'll still look at a Tesla. 

Because people like myself aren't like the right wing snowflakes who stop buying things they like because they think a company has gone too "woke."

That said, if the steering wheels keep falling off on Teslas, I'll never consider one. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.