Russian Propaganda machine

A court in Russia fines one of the country’s biggest rock stars for criticizing the war. (NYT)

A Russian court on Tuesday fined a longtime rock star who had condemned the war during a concert in May and questioned whether the veneration of President Vladimir V. Putin constituted true patriotism.

The court that heard the case is in the city of Ufa, where the concert took place. In a statement, the court said that the star, Yuri Shevchuk, 65, the frontman of the band DDT, had been fined $815 for making a “speech that contained public calls to prevent the use of Russian armed forces.”

A resident of St. Petersburg, Mr. Shevchuk did not appear in court, but published a statement through his lawyer saying that he “has always been against wars in any countries at any time.”

“I believe that all problems and political difficulties between countries must be solved diplomatically,” he said.

In Ufa in May, Mr. Shevchuk said onstage before a packed stadium that people in Ukraine were dying just to fulfill “some kind of Napoleonic plans of another Caesar.”

He added, “The motherland, my friends, is not” a part of the president’s body “that you have to lick and kiss all the time. The motherland is a poor grandmother selling potatoes at the train station.” The crowd clapped and cheered.

After the concert, law enforcement officers came to Mr. Shevchuk’s dressing room and began a legal process against him, he said in an interview with a popular YouTube blogger, Katya Gordeeva, in July.

PVW said:

will he get 10 or 15 in the slammer? $815 fine is chicken feed… maybe Ras-Putin likes his music. 

paulsurovell said:

nohero said:

In Baud's article, which Ms. Nan posted, he claims:

In 2014, I am at NATO, responsible for the fight against the proliferation of small arms, and we are trying to detect Russian arms deliveries to the rebels in order to see if Moscow is involved. The information that we receive then comes practically all from the Polish intelligence services and does not “match” with the information from the OSCE: in spite of rather crude allegations, we do not observe any delivery of arms and materials Russian military.

Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 didn't just fall out of the sky on its own accord on July 17, 2014. It was shot down by a missile from a Russian Antiaircraft Brigade operating in rebel-controlled territory in Ukraine.

That's his claimed experience with Ukraine, and he's being deceptive about the facts. So that's a reason not to trust him.

Your analysis is flawed on several counts:

(1) There is no proof of who or what shot down the MH-17 flight. The trial is ongoing.

(2) Robert Parry wrote numerous articles, citing facts to challenge the Western narrative that the plane was shot down by Russians or that the plane was shot down by Ukrainian separatists.

(3) Dutch and German intelligence concur that Ukrainian forces had Buk anti-aircraft missiles, the same type of missile system that was alleged to have shot down MH-17 over the Donbas.

"Update"

Maplewood Online - The Downing of MH17 - guilty verdicts (worldwebs.com)

paulsurovell said:

The "Moon of Alabama" timeline posted by @nan raises questions about what happened in Bucha. Here's the link to the Ukraine media report on Bucha Mayor Fedoruk's statement (see below) after arriving in Bucha on either March 31 or April 1st. Fedoruk makes no mention of dead bodies. Former Australian ambassador to Poland, Kevin Tony cites the Russian denial, and suggests if this turns out to be a false flag-revenge killing of Ukrainian collaborators, it is going to change the nature of the war. Australian human rights lawyer Moira Rayner comments on Tony's post "I share your doubts". 

Will the mainstream media address these questions?

(Emphasis added). The answer to Paul's question is, "Yes".

"When videos and photos emerged in April showing bodies of dozens of civilians strewn along a street in Bucha, Ukrainians and the rest of the world voiced horror and outrage. But in Russia, officials had a completely different reaction: denial. ...

"But an eight-month visual investigation by The New York Times concluded that the perpetrators of the massacre along Yablunska Street were Russian paratroopers from the 234th Air Assault Regiment led by Lt. Col. Artyom Gorodilov.

"The evidence shows that the killings were part of a deliberate and systematic effort to ruthlessly secure a route to the capital, Kyiv. Soldiers interrogated and executed unarmed men of fighting age, and killed people who unwittingly crossed their paths — whether it was children fleeing with their families, locals hoping to find groceries or people simply trying to get back home on their bicycles."

Unlocked: Caught on Camera, Traced by Phone: The Russian Military Unit That Killed Dozens in Bucha

I doubt that even a report like this will sway the Bucha deniers.  The sad part is - the Russian propaganda was enough to partially take blame off of them at the time.  The mayor NOT mentioning the atrocities was their #1 proof that they didn't do it - and this was repeated 1,000 times through the pro-kremlin channels.

It is also sad that it takes this level of reporting to prove the atrocities of what Vlad is carrying out on a daily basis.

I also think it's very key to mention that this is Vlad and not Russians - he has no issue killing his own people as well.  And since he written extensively on how Ukraine is part of Russia and they're all brothers and sisters - he's pretty much wiping out those whose hearts and minds he wishes to win.

Russia should be removed from the UN Security Council and subsequently charged with war crimes for what they are doing in Ukraine. Period.

If it’s a fight they want, it’s a fight they’ll get

Meduza responds to the Russian authorities’ decision to outlaw our journalism

I like these on the street segments from Russia.  The people in this one are more pro-war:

Other videos by this group that are closer St Petersburg and younger are anti-Vlad.  A lot are afraid to publicly comment.  

In other videos many others share that they know nothing of politics and trust the politicians to do the right thing.

jamie said:

I like these on the street segments from Russia.  The people in this one are more pro-war:

Other videos by this group that are closer St Petersburg and younger are anti-Vlad.  A lot are afraid to publicly comment.  

In other videos many others share that they know nothing of politics and trust the politicians to do the right thing.

Thanks for posting, that's fascinating. I shouldn't be surprised, but it's interesting how often the U.S. is mentioned in their answers.  The answers and opinions are very pro-Russia and pro-war in Ukraine.

yahooyahoo said:

Thanks for posting, that's fascinating. I shouldn't be surprised, but it's interesting how often the U.S. is mentioned in their answers.  The answers and opinions are very pro-Russia and pro-war in Ukraine.

At various points in our history - most notably, Vietnam - I think you would have seen similar results if polling Americans.

Jaytee said:

apparently the machine is operating right here in New Jersey….

https://news.yahoo.com/pro-russia-propagandist-donbas-devushka-072525718.html

Follow the money..... who was paying them to spread Russian propaganda?  This should be interesting.

yahooyahoo said:

Follow the money..... who was paying them to spread Russian propaganda?  This should be interesting.

there are 15 of them, gone into hiding. It’s amazing what people will do for money. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.