Stealing an election in broad daylight

Smedley said:

It may have been. And on Christmas Eve, I reached out and offered to settle up if he gave $75 to the non-political charity of his choice. I figured what was a 80-yard Hail Mary pass when we made the bet a couple weeks after the election, was then a 99-yard hail Mary pass, so in the spirit of Christmas, I offered a 25% discount and the opportunity to give to a good cause rather than to me. He declined.

I love the guy, but I suspect he has a collection of tinfoil hats in his closet.

He did wait until after the noon inauguration deadline passed.

Smedley said:

It may have been. And on Christmas Eve, I reached out and offered to settle up if he gave $75 to the non-political charity of his choice. I figured what was a 80-yard Hail Mary pass when we made the bet a couple weeks after the election, was then a 99-yard hail Mary pass, so in the spirit of Christmas, I offered a 25% discount and the opportunity to give to a good cause rather than to me. He declined.

I love the guy, but I suspect he has a collection of tinfoil hats in his closet.

he probably sincerely believes the election was stolen. So why wouldn't Congress overturn it?

The post-election period was Trump at his lowest. And that's saying something. 

I've liked and disliked presidents to varying degrees over my half-century ish on God's green earth. There have been two times when I wanted to punch the president in the nose. One, W about the Iraq war. Two, Trump post-2020 election.  

Smedley said:

The post-election period was Trump at his lowest. And that's saying something. 

I've liked and disliked presidents to varying degrees over my half-century ish on God's green earth. There have been two times when I wanted to punch the president in the nose. One, W about the Iraq war. Two, Trump post-2020 election.  

I hated both of those presidents from the day they took office.  It started with stopping the counting of votes in Florida, and from there it descended into constant dishonesty.  Because of Trump's deluge of lies, people seem to have forgotten the unprecedented dishonesty of the Bush Administration.  They lied constantly, but unlike Trump who lied about EVERYTHING, even trivial nonsense that didn't matter, the Bushies only lied about the big and important stuff.  His campaign was nothing but lies, and then he governed on lies for eight years.  That's how bad Trump is.  He makes W look like an honorable man by comparison.

I voted for Gore, but I was okay with W at first. I thought maybe he could be a poor man’s version of his old man, who I did like. I probably tepidly approved of W until the lead-in to the Iraq war in early 03 when he lost me for good. 

Smedley said:

I voted for Gore, but I was okay with W at first. I thought maybe he could be a poor man’s version of his old man, who I did like. I probably tepidly approved of W until the lead-in to the Iraq war in early 03 when he lost me for good. 

This is not the place but I could give you a long list of the sins of George H.W. Bush.

He was a Republican and this is MOL. Of course you can.

Smedley said:

that's a lazy response.

George W. Bush campaigned on a blizzard of lies.  Anyone who thought he would be a good president at the beginning of his first term wasn't paying attention. So don't blame people like us who WERE paying attention and knew from the jump how terrible W was.  It wasn't being "tribal", it was being smart, and aware.  Unfortunately it appears that being smart and aware of facts is indeed the province of liberals, and it was even 20 years ago.

ml1 said:

Smedley said:

that's a lazy response.

George W. Bush campaigned on a blizzard of lies.  Anyone who thought he would be a good president at the beginning of his first term wasn't paying attention. So don't blame people like us who WERE paying attention and knew from the jump how terrible W was.  It wasn't being "tribal", it was being smart, and aware.  Unfortunately it appears that being smart and aware of facts is indeed the province of liberals, and it was even 20 years ago.

While I agree, I think Smedley was referring to Bush the elder.

1, my reply that you quoted referred back to G HW Bush not G W Bush.

2, How/where did I “blame people” like you? (Have you been drinking?)

3. “Being smart and aware of facts is indeed the province of liberals”. Do you hear yourself?

ml1 said:

Unfortunately it appears that being smart and aware of facts is indeed the province of liberals, and it was even 20 years ago.

Only appears? You’re softening.

Smedley said:

1, my reply that you quoted referred back to G HW Bush not G W Bush.

2, How/where did I “blame people” like you? (Have you been drinking?)

3. “Being smart and aware of facts is indeed the province of liberals”. Do you hear yourself?

the 3rd point, I'll let it stand on it's own given what we've seen from people right of center the past several years.

with regard to the first:

Smedley said:

I voted for Gore, but I was okay with W at first. I thought maybe he could be a poor man’s version of his old man, who I did like. I

I see now that StanV referred to Sr., but this is what I was responding to.

DaveSchmidt said:

ml1 said:

Unfortunately it appears that being smart and aware of facts is indeed the province of liberals, and it was even 20 years ago.

Only appears? You’re softening.

I've always been a softie.  You just didn't notice grin

Publix is too expensive anyway. No wonder they’re the ones running the vaccine situation in Florida. Follow the money.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9204875/The-woman-bankrolled-Capitol-riot-MAGA-rally.html?ito=native_share_article-masthead

The fact that Publix is regularly trotted out as an exemplary grocery store just shows how depraved Floridians really are.  The place sucks compare to any legit grocery store like Fairway or HEB Central Market.

Klinker said:

The fact that Publix is regularly trotted out as an exemplary grocery store just shows how depraved Floridians really are.  The place sucks compare to any legit grocery store like Fairway or HEB Central Market.

Meh.
Fairway (don’t know HEB) is much more than legit. If you compare Publix to Stop n Shop or Shop Rite, Publix comes out ahead.

Really quite good for a baseline grocery.

Klinker said:

I really would have expected Winn Dixie to be more trumpian. Publix is expensive by Florida standards. Aldi is very successful down there. 
this will make me even less interested in spending money at Publix. Any business that finances this madness should be boycotted. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.