Saudis Announced $100 Million Donation to Ivanka Fund

alternet.org:  On the Same Weekend as Record-Breaking Arms Deal, Saudis Announced $100 Million Donation to Ivanka Fund

Over the weekend, Jared Kushner was credited with negotiating a $110 billion arms deal with the Saudis, the largest arms deal in U.S. history.

http://www.alternet.org/right-...

...All in the family...

Is this why Mr and Mrs Kushner are working for "free"?. Fringe benefits? As I understand it they are unpaid advisors to the President. 

While it is unseemly, I will point out the thread title (and the article title) are not exactly accurate. And it is important that EVERYONE strive to keep their stories accurate.

I saw no issue with the Clinton foundation and I see no issue with this. Ivanka is not involved wth the fund. If you have a famous name, I think you should use it to raise money for charity.

The fund was Ivanka's idea and she helped launch it.  The White House claims she is not fundraising for it but they just happen to announce a $100 million donation at a meeting she is attending.  

"Not involved...."  Hardly.

maps said:

I saw no issue with the Clinton foundation and I see no issue with this. Ivanka is not involved wth the fund. If you have a famous name, I think you should use it to raise money for charity.

I agree with you in that the issue with the donations isn't so much that she got it from the Saudi Govt. I find fault with her father's flagrant hypocrisy. He made much ado about nothing when the Clinton foundation accepted donations from Arab countries, demanded they return the money but now that it suits their interests, not a peep. 

maps said:

IOKIYAR

ElizMcCord said:

I agree with you in that the issue with the donations isn't so much that she got it from the Saudi Govt. I find fault with her father's flagrant hypocrisy. He made much ado about nothing when the Clinton foundation accepted donations from Arab countries, demanded they return the money but now that it suits their interests, not a peep. 
maps said:

Gilgul said:

While it is unseemly, I will point out the thread title (and the article title) are not exactly accurate. And it is important that EVERYONE strive to keep their stories accurate.

Please post the correct info.  Far be it for me to cast unfair aspersions upon Ivanka as an opportunistic can rattler; someone putting the arm on nation states who wish to curry favor with POTUS through his daughter.  If Malia and Sasha had tried to shill Girl Scout cookies on Pennsylvania Avenue at the White House a little more than 100 days into Obama's first term as POTUS, I'd be on their case too. 

P.S.  Does the Ivanka Fund accept bitcoin?  Just asking.

This would be an example of an accurate title: 

Saudis Announced $100 Million Donation to World Bank Fund Promoted by Ivanka

DottyParker said:

Gilgul said:

Please post the correct info.  Far be it for me to cast unfair aspersions upon Ivanka as an opportunistic can rattler; someone putting the arm on nation states who wish to curry favor with POTUS through his daughter.  If Malia and Sasha had tried to shill Girl Scout cookies on Pennsylvania Avenue at the White House a little more than 100 days into Obama's first term as POTUS, I'd be on their case too. 

P.S.  Does the Ivanka Fund accept bitcoin?  Just asking.

regardless of the title, this smacks of corruption.   When you talk of Clinton foundation, you talk of getting access to political leadership figures, however these connections are networked connections with the Clintons out of power.   

At this time the Trumps (blech) are in power and are obviously using their positions to enrich themselves.  So I take your unseemly and raise you an unethical and probably illegal.

I'd say let' add "audacity," but there seem to be no rules (legal or ethical) when it comes to this family, thanks to the GOP and their enabling.

"Wonder how much I can get for this joolery."

What's another $100 million when your region just signed $350 billion in arms deals?

It's the price of a decent apartment (or two, maybe) in Knightsbridge, or something with some life left on the leasehold in Belgravia.  It's not real money until it starts with a B.  

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.