Nigerians live in huts and all Haitians have HIV????!

Elizabeth

This disgruntled old fart is ready for retirement....now. How could anyone be more scrooge. Please. Tell me one redeemable feature of this t@##. Is there ANYONE in ALL of SOMA who still wants him to be our President?


Like  
LOST

Link?


Like  
Elizabeth


LOST said:

Link?

Omg. It's all over the news. 


Like  
LOST


peaceinourtime said:



LOST said:

Link?

Omg. It's all over the news. 

It was not in the edition of the NY Times that was delivered this morning.


Like  
Elizabeth

So what do you think Lost?


...and Trump's tweets aimed at

 McCabe?


Like  
LOST

What do I think of Trump? I have not been shy about my views.

And the Haitians and Nigerians I know are better Americans than Trump.  


Like  
Elizabeth

so...agreed.


Like  
DottyParker


peaceinourtime said:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/12/report-trump-said-haitians-all-have-aids.html

From New York Magazine link:  "So even if the comments reported on Saturday go one step beyond what Trump might say in public (and it’s a small step), they certainly feel like a plausible representation of the man 63 million Americans voted for — the man whose xenophobia has made America more closed off to the world than it has been in generations."

Hardly shocking coming from the original "birther," Donald Trump. This is who he is and what he has always been. One would think he'd have just an ounce of restraint to keep from publicly expressing his seething hatred.  He cannot help it; he has to vent the noxious gases to keep from imploding.  


Like  1 Like
Marie

front page of NYT has this ace reportage on alleged Haiti comments:


“Haiti had sent 15,000 people. They “all have AIDS,” he grumbled, according to one person who attended the meeting and another person who was briefed about it by a different person who was there.”


Like  1 Like
nohero
mtierney said:

front page of NYT has this ace reportage on alleged Haiti comments:




“Haiti had sent 15,000 people. They “all have AIDS,” he grumbled, according to one person who attended the meeting and another person who was briefed about it by a different person who was there.”

Trump said, and it's on tape, that Mexican immigrants are rapists.

Trump said (and repeated it and defended it) that he saw "thousands of Muslims" in NJ celebrating on 9-11.

He doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. 


Like  4 Likes
Barbara

trump mocked a disabled person and thinks neo Nazis are fine people. I can easily believe that the small vulgarian uttered the above words. 


Like  2 Likes
Jamie

unfortunately his base is on the side with this one 


Like  
j r


mtierney said:

front page of NYT has this ace reportage on alleged Haiti comments:




“Haiti had sent 15,000 people. They “all have AIDS,” he grumbled, according to one person who attended the meeting and another person who was briefed about it by a different person who was there.”

I'm reading sarcasm in your post, and wondered if you could clarify what your objection might be to the phrasing. 

How We Reported This Story

The Times conducted over three dozen interviews with current and former administration officials, lawmakers and others close to the process."


Like  
Marie

if anyone who has any objectivity at all left can read this statement and believe it rings true, please explain how. It certainly does not pass the smell test!


How do you spell hearsay?

D e s p er a t i o n


“Haiti had sent 15,000 people. They “all have AIDS,” he grumbled, according to one person who attended the meeting and another person who was briefed about it by a different person who was there.”


Like  
conandrob240

as I said 2 years ago, any one of these statements should have been enough to “disqualify” this man. There should be a basic standard of candidate. He shouldn’t have been allowed to be an option. 


Citizenship requirement, age requirement, criminal requirements,  and put some parameters on not being a racist maybe? Geesh.


Truly disgusting. Most miserable human being on earth.


Like  2 Likes
Klinker


mtierney said:

if anyone who has any objectivity at all left can read this statement and believe it rings true, please explain how. It certainly does not pass the smell test!

What part of the statement doesn't ring true?  This is exactly the sort of remark a racist germaphobe would make.  That smell is the scent of your human decency rotting on the ethical compost pile.  I literally cannot imagine how you can support this poor excuse for a man.


Like  1 Like
ml1

he said in public that Mexicans are rapists, so it's not that much of a leap to saying Haitians all have AIDS. So yes, it rings true because it's not any worse than the stuff he's been heard saying on video.

mtierney said:

if anyone who has any objectivity at all left can read this statement and believe it rings true, please explain how. It certainly does not pass the smell test!





How do you spell hearsay?

D e s p er a t i o n




“Haiti had sent 15,000 people. They “all have AIDS,” he grumbled, according to one person who attended the meeting and another person who was briefed about it by a different person who was there.”



Like  
kibbegirl

The one Nigerian family I know is UBER wealthy and all Ivy League educated, so there's that. in 2017, Newsweek published an article on the top Nigerian BILLIONAIRES http://www.newsweek.com/nigeria-billionaires-inequality-611376).

As for Haitians, that's a filthy, filthy LIE that has been perpetrated for decades. The U.S. could have and should have provided more financial and medical support to Haiti to fight the disease but as always, chose not to do so and of course, like in the U.S. in the 80's, the disease exploded. But the myth that the majority of the population has AIDS is a MYTH.

When he speaks off the cuff, he is speaking his truth and the truth of others he respects like Alex Jones. Deep down, he is ill informed, has racial bias and perpetuates nonsense. 



Like  1 Like
j r


mtierney said:
How do you spell hearsay?

D e s p er a t i o n

Actually, this reporting, based on observations from people currently inside the White House, is pretty much the opposite of hearsay. 


Like  
stateguy

For every despicable disgusting thing he says or does  opposition ( all 75% of America ) should do a kind deed. 


And then exercise our rights to speak up now and vote when the time comes. 






Like  3 Likes
Hahaha

I am Haitian and I’m intimately familiar with the hateful rhetoric about my people and AIDS that has plagued us since the 80’s. It’s insidious and terribly damaging to Haitians (especially children) who kept hearing these horrible lies. It needs to stop. 


FWIW, I believe he’s said these words because I’ve seen him insult other races, women, and people with disabilities. There’s no reason he wouldn’t repeat the utterly false and uninformed statements about Haitians and Nigerians. 



Like  1 Like
Elizabeth


DottyParker said:



peaceinourtime said:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/12/report-trump-said-haitians-all-have-aids.html

From New York Magazine link:  "So even if the comments reported on Saturday go one step beyond what Trump might say in public (and it’s a small step), they certainly feel like a plausible representation of the man 63 million Americans voted for — the man whose xenophobia has made America more closed off to the world than it has been in generations."

Hardly shocking coming from the original "birther," Donald Trump. This is who he is and what he has always been. One would think he'd have just an ounce of restraint to keep from publicly expressing his seething hatred.  He cannot help it; he has to vent the noxious gases to keep from imploding.  

Having an "Ounce of restraint" is, apparently, not in the House of Trump's wheelhouse, per Michael Wolff.


Like  
dave23


mtierney said:

if anyone who has any objectivity at all left can read this statement and believe it rings true, please explain how. It certainly does not pass the smell test!





How do you spell hearsay?

D e s p er a t i o n




“Haiti had sent 15,000 people. They “all have AIDS,” he grumbled, according to one person who attended the meeting and another person who was briefed about it by a different person who was there.”

Quoting someone who was there is not hearsay.


Like  
drummerboy

Actually, quoting someone who was there is, I think, the exact definition of hearsay.

Read this and tell me what I'm missing.

dave23 said:



mtierney said:

if anyone who has any objectivity at all left can read this statement and believe it rings true, please explain how. It certainly does not pass the smell test!





How do you spell hearsay?

D e s p er a t i o n




“Haiti had sent 15,000 people. They “all have AIDS,” he grumbled, according to one person who attended the meeting and another person who was briefed about it by a different person who was there.”

Quoting someone who was there is not hearsay.



Like  
Ridley


drummerboy said:

Actually, quoting someone who was there is, I think, the exact definition of hearsay.

Read this and tell me what I'm missing.

dave23 said:



mtierney said:

if anyone who has any objectivity at all left can read this statement and believe it rings true, please explain how. It certainly does not pass the smell test!





How do you spell hearsay?

D e s p er a t i o n




“Haiti had sent 15,000 people. They “all have AIDS,” he grumbled, according to one person who attended the meeting and another person who was briefed about it by a different person who was there.”

Quoting someone who was there is not hearsay.

It is very Page Sixesque.


Like  
phenixrising

Nothing new. He said it, knowing his history. Below a story from an ex-producer of the Apprentice. There is also a small clip of a NPR podcast interviewing the producer.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-the-apprentice-us-racist-comments-african-americans-jews-recorded-meetings-former-a7986081.html


Like  
LOST

I guess this guy didn't think it important to tell anyone about this before the election.


Like  1 Like
phenixrising

Also...

"Don't forget that what transformed him from a buffoonish celebrity into a buffoonish political figure was making himself America's most prominent birther, an advocate of the rancid, racist theory that our first black president could not possibly be a real American. He backed that up by demanding Barack Obama's school transcripts — again, on the theory that a black man couldn't have been qualified to be admitted to Columbia University and Harvard Law School on his own merit."


http://theweek.com/articles/740134/just-say-already-donald-trump-racist


Like  

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business