MOL updates - please report issues here.

Thanks for the heads up!  We’ll get this fixed soon.

There's a bug when you try to edit the title of a politics thread.

The category field changes to nothing when the edit window opens, and politics is not available as a category in the pulldown. So you can't save the edit without changing the category.

In the meantime, can you edit the title of the Minnesota is burning thread and fix the word "repsponse"?

Thanks this has been updated - I will look into.the bug later.

Browser tab titles no longer show the name of the thread. The tabs just say "Maplewood Online". I think this just started today.

thanks - and the other edit bug should be addressed soon.

Right now - if you want to edit a thread title in the politics section - use the edit link from the discussions list:

https://maplewood.worldwebs.com/forums/subforum/politics-plus

The bug is when you click on My Discussions and use the edit link there for a politics thread.

jamie said:

thanks - and the other edit bug should be addressed soon.

Right now - if you want to edit a thread title in the politics section - use the edit link from the discussions list:

https://maplewood.worldwebs.com/forums/subforum/politics-plus

The bug is when you click on My Discussions and use the edit link there for a politics thread.

OK

(Solved my problem.)

drummerboy said:

Browser tab titles no longer show the name of the thread. The tabs just say "Maplewood Online". I think this just started today.

Fixed!   Again - thanks for the heads up!  

Having a lot of weirdness with quoting and formatting in posts. Here's an example:

https://maplewood.worldwebs.com/forums/discussion/subforum/minnesota-on-fire/politics-plus?page=next&limit=330#discussion-replies-3514669

A few odd things:

- When I paste in text -- eg that I've copied from another source -- it seems to shorten the margins so the text does not go the full length of the posting window. I've noticed this for a while actually. I can usually fix by copying into the address bar and then re-copying (essentially stripping the text of any formating from the original site).
- Quote blocks do odd things -- invisible line breaks appear, text above or below suddenly gets added into the quote block, etc
- After a certain length or perhaps numbers of paragraphs, formatting breaks. In the post above, I was not able to make a second quote block. Also, the font changes. I've noticed the changing font before, but the inability to have a second quote block I first noticed today.

ETA -- if I look at the source code, looks like that last paragraph isn't getting wrapped in a

tag. Snip

ote function not working):

"I don’t know wha

No br tag, no p tag, just plain text, which would account for the changed style.

Unfortunately when you copy from other sources - you can never be certain if an html tag is properly open or closed.  If there's a closed p tag in their source - this may affect things also.  I'm not certain.

We're pretty much constrained by what the wysiwyg editor does - you can see if it works any better on their script here:

https://imperavi.com/redactor/

Jamie, I posted a pic which I then removed in the Uncaged Bird thread. I notice that the photo in the post above mine doesn’t appear on the Contents page any more. Should it? It’s the last pic, and it’s pretty. Doesn’t the code revert to the last pic?

I am having capital letters appear randomly — to my Luddite brain, It appears to be related to the space bar. 

joanne said:

Jamie, I posted a pic which I then removed in the Uncaged Bird thread. I notice that the photo in the post above mine doesn’t appear on the Contents page any more. Should it? It’s the last pic, and it’s pretty. Doesn’t the code revert to the last pic?

It should - we'll look into this.

mtierney said:

I am having capital letters appear randomly — to my Luddite brain, It appears to be related to the space bar. 

Anyone else having this issue?   I cannot recreate this.  That is really odd.  I would say it's more of a hardware issue then anything else.

mtierney said:

Mobile device or PC?

I pads are difficult to type on.  You have to keep an eye on the arrow which indicates upper or lower case.  I-pad assumes you mean upper or lower case depending on its preprogrammed grammar function.  You need to check and over ride as needed.

Ah! Also, mtierney, I find that especially along the lower line of letters I need watch that my fingers are in the centre of each key otherwise I’m typing either an alternative OR the cap OR the next tile in whichever direction (including random spaces). Very very frustrating. 

In Settings, there’s an adjustment you can make to allow you a little more time to rest on each letter. I think it’s called ‘sticky keys’. 

i did not see sticky keys, bit i just selected to turn off automatic Capitals. As my first sentence shows, i only selected a capital C.

I found another idea whilst in settings. Hitting the space bar twice gives you a period and a space!

Thanks. still don’t know what happened.

Not an issue, @jamie, but I've noticed it's possible to post images with adding the . in the comments field.

hmmm

tried to search for a post of my own, but my name doesn't appear in the drop-down box

drummerboy said:

hmmm

tried to search for a post of my own, but my name doesn't appear in the drop-down box

You weren't supposed to find out accidentally this way.  You've been cancelled.

drummerboy said:

hmmm

Were you searching for a "user" or a "subject"? 

That is really weird - I don't see how your response would be different.

Drummerboy - I was able to recreate your issue - will look into this further - in the meantime, I'll PM you a workaround.

jamie said:

That is really weird - I don't see how your response would be different.

It might depend on the device. I’ve noticed that search function is often unusable on my iPhone and iPad; same for the window for sending PMs. Both are better, but still not always reliable, on the iMac.

(Just tried “daveschmidt” in the User search on the iPad and got an eternal “Searching ...” Other times, it’ll give me all sorts of unfamiliar usernames starting with a “d” but not mine.)

yes, we have an issue where your username isn't showing in the dropdown list - I'm trying to figure this out.  Unfortunately, for the first time in 5 years, I've had to give my developers a break from developing.  So, I'm trying to debug this one myself.

When video clips are posted only the left half shows. 

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Rentals

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!