MOL updates - please report issues here.

Some people were having issues - I tweaked something - which seemed to have helped.  But could have affected another area.  When this does happen - can you let me know where exactly it happened - main discussions page - or subforum - or loading a particular thread.

Thanks!


It seemed to affect everything in forums, whether it was the main page, sub-forum or a thread. Not sure if i tested to see if https://maplewood.worldwebs.com was still working.


I have posted some problems getting into the forum and navigating between threads.  Problem occurs mostly between 6 and 7 am (Verizon/Chrome).  Problem still existed this morning.  Usually does not result in time out message.


Joan - we did monitor the site between 6-7am the other day and couldn't recreate the issue.  Anyone else noticing timeouts?


Seemed to be connected mainly with wifi issues statewide/region-wide here, over the past week FWIW. One bad spot about 8 hours ago, but again more generally here (affecting other activities).


I just noticed my name is highlighted up above; I don’t think it used to be Orange... cheese


yes - we added that to highlight that there's a dropdown there.   A lot of people didn't realize it was there - especially important for those who have posted ads.


Have to say, it's going to take a long while to get used to the new favicon. I have about 20 tabs open and I can't find MOL anywhere!


Is it just me or is everyone else getting a big 21st century hourglass (that interlocking circle thing) when opening an MOL page?


drummerboy said:

Is it just me or is everyone else getting a big 21st century hourglass (that interlocking circle thing) when opening an MOL page?

 Not just you. I'm not a massive fan of it, either.


It’s a loading icon- I think we can tweak it a bit.

If you add us to your home screen mol will act like an app.  


Thank you for the beautiful new icons which have appeared on my iPad and iPhone! Maplewood Municipal Building is a treasure!


mtierney said:

Thank you for the beautiful new icons which have appeared on my iPad and iPhone! Maplewood Municipal Building is a treasure!

 I was wondering about that ... how do you make shortcuts have icons??


why is the Jimmy Dore thread pinned to the middle of the page? Can we just treat it like a regular thread?


I like the introduction of a photo to a thread title to create interest and brighten up a page. Who/how does this selection process work? I have had happen to my threads, so I  know it is not the poster. Just an inquiring mind.

Oh,DB, I think opposing opinions (even done by a TV personality) need pinning to survive here and an attempt was made as a nod to bipartisan opinion. It didn’t last long.


mtierney said:

I like the introduction of a photo to a thread title to create interest and brighten up a page. Who/how does this selection process work? I have had happen to my threads, so I  know it is not the poster. Just an inquiring mind.

 By the same token, can the feature be switched off for certain threads?


Certain categories will display the latest image uploaded in it.

You'll see that I changed the annoying load image to a less distracting orange circle.  You will see this whenever you click on something - it shows you that the page is loading.  Hopefully in most cases it will be very brief.


Sometimes, when I search something by year brings up all kinds of dates. 


Also, on ipad, if I accidentally touch a post a particular way, I get the loading circle - which does not load anything - and won't let me move the page until I back button out of it.


Thanks for the info on search - we'll figure this one out.  As far as touching a post in a particular way - I'll try to recreate the "particular way" part of it.   grin


jamie said:

Thanks for the info on search - we'll figure this one out.  As far as touching a post in a particular way - I'll try to recreate the "particular way" part of it.  
grin

 Well, there's a difference between a tap to scroll, and a tap to open something. I can tap a post I'm reading (not on a link or anywhere near a link or image) and it acts as if it's trying to open the post. Does that make sense?


Ridski and I do not have much in common, except this. Also, very slow response.


What ipad version do you have?  I have a mini - few years old now. 


Mac OS Mojave (10.14.6) + Firefox (71).

It's my habit to CMD+Click on links to open links in a new tab while staying on the original page. Problem is I can only do this for one link because doing so gets the orange crescent on the original page that never goes away. IOW, I can only open one tab without having to refresh the page.


thanks - I was able to recreate this - we'll look into it.  


ok, the loader spinning issue should be fixed on opening a tab and on Ipad- please test this out.

Page load on the forums should be a little faster as well.

As for the search issue regarding the year - I don't think this was addressed as of yet.


jamie said:

ok, the loader spinning issue should be fixed on opening a tab


Yes, thanks for the speedy fix.


ridski said:

Sometimes, when I search something by year brings up all kinds of dates. 

 this works now - for reason the prior result were showing comments where the discussion was started in the year selected.


jamie said:

Certain categories will display the latest image uploaded in it.

You'll see that I changed the annoying load image to a less distracting orange circle.  You will see this whenever you click on something - it shows you that the page is loading.  Hopefully in most cases it will be very brief.

 Ah hah. Some of my photos are not showing on the title.


I restored this - I was playing around - not sure if I'm sold on this feature yet.  I think we'll only show pictures added with the last 48 hours.  Otherwise if one picture appears on a thread for 2 weeks, it doesn't feel like there's been many updates to that particular discussion.



In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Rentals