Mega Millions - $1 billion jackpot

I have to say - I thought I picked decent numbers - I got 3 tickets and didn't match ONE number!

Next jackpot is 1.02 billion.

https://nj.lotto.com/


Lets see... kids' birthdays, cats' birthdays, oh, my birthday...  I need one more. 

I know. Pie-r squared, times 1/2 the number of times I had sex last month.  "0" x =


jamie said:

I have to say - I thought I picked decent numbers - I got 3 tickets and didn't match ONE number!

Next jackpot is 1.02 billion.

https://nj.lotto.com/

Not one number on three tickets? That seems unusual.

Next time you pick let us know your numbers. Then we'll know what not to pick.


If I win I will donate money to fully electrify South Orange’s fleet of municipal vehicles. Maybe the jitneys as well. 

I will create a fund to completely rebuild the South Orange pool building and catch up on any deferred maintenance. 

I’ll pay to install solar panels on all schools and municipal properties, with a fund to pay for their maintenance. And donate money to any house of worship willing to use it to install solar. 

I’d buy the Exxon downtown and convert it into a Wawa. 


I'd buy an electric vehicle. 


Oh I’d also pay to build some more shade structures at the pool and put solar panels on them as well. 



Thanks for the heads up, Jamie. I've put in my ticket order. Next week I'll be accepting grant applications.


how does mega millions work? Are there prizes for partial hits? Or is it all or nothing?


There are prizes for partial hits. I'm not sure how many you have to get right to win something.  When I was taking the train this morning as we passed by Newark Broad Street I thought to myself if I win I'm bringing back the Newark Bears and $20 Thirsty Thursdays. Alas it appears too late. Apartment buildings are coming. 


Here are the odds and prizes


mrincredible said:

Here are the odds and prizes

Seems likely..... that I will not win.


yahooyahoo said:

Seems likely..... that I will not win.

Correct. I am planning to win. Therefore you cannot.


Other things I will consider doing with the money:

  1. Open a restaurant which serves nothing but neat nachos
  2. Buy everyone in the two towns their own gas powered leaf blower
  3. Start buying single family housing stock, razing it and building 61 feet tall apartment buildings in their place

I’d also buy myself an FM radio station. Deejay all night. No commercials. No Eagles. 

ETA: no Neil Young, that whiney, mediocre, talentless piece of sh!t. 
(Hey, I got millions, I can say what I want.) 


Some of the jocks on WFAN pointed out his morning how funny it is that this only garners attention when it gets to like, $500M+ now

As if it’s a waste of time when it’s only say, $40M

So fewer players at the lower value. Odds are probably better.

But it’s ”only” $40M!  Psychology is interesting…



jimmurphy said:

Some of the jocks on WFAN pointed out his morning how funny it is that this only garners attention when it gets to like, $500M+ now

As if it’s a waste of time when it’s only say, $40M

So fewer players at the lower value. Odds are probably better.

But it’s ”only” $40M!  Psychology is interesting…


that’s why I play Pick6. Fewer players, better odds. I’ll take the $3 million 


Odds of winning are the same.  Odds of being the only winner go down.

I'd buy Hawk's and turn it into my private little bar.


The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

jimmurphy said:

Some of the jocks on WFAN pointed out his morning how funny it is that this only garners attention when it gets to like, $500M+ now

As if it’s a waste of time when it’s only say, $40M

So fewer players at the lower value. Odds are probably better.

But it’s ”only” $40M!  Psychology is interesting…

that’s why I play Pick6. Fewer players, better odds. I’ll take the $3 million 

Maybe the games have changed but I know the math doesn't if there are fewer players. Doesn't a lower player population just decrease the odds of sharing prizes rather than improve the odds of having your numbers selected?

On further thought, if many players hit for the lower prizes, does that cause a larger decrease in the jackpot payout? I suppose it is one big pool and all the winners at whatever level get their designated share out of it. Do the lower prize winners have to share their winnings or only the jackpot winners?


Steve said:

Odds of winning are the same.  Odds of being the only winner go down.

I'd buy Hawk's and turn it into my private little bar.

You’re right. Simple stats. Ping-pong balls don’t care how many players there are. “Duh” on my part.

Still, the point that people get so much more excited stands.

I’d say I’d by the Mets but I don’t think Uncle Steve is selling and I’d need even more money than the current jackpot. 



In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Advertise here!

Featured Events

Sponsored Business

Find Business