Is anyone watching SUCCESSION?

The_Soulful_Mr_T

It's quite a trip. The 1% behaving badly... just scratches the surface. 


joanne

We gave up. Not the entertainment we’d like to fill our ‘escape time’ with, we'd rather more joy.


jamie

It is really well done!  Great season so far.


j_r

It's a perfect send-up of Billions. And the writing is better. As are the female characters, although due credit to Nina Arianda. But Holly Hunter and Cherry Jones and Sarah Snook. No contest. 

Not to mention Kendall's face during the visit to the dead guy's house. 

This is classic tragedy, they didn't even need to drag in the Oedipus reference.


mtierney

I tried, got thru about 4 episodes, and then gave up. The four letter word is way over used - its shock value long gone, the residue is ugly. The whole 1% world in the show  is fascinating — townhouses, manor houses, in-house Uber service, private jets! Wouldn’t want to be related to that bunch, however.

Just finished Shetland. Enjoyed the island atmosphere. Based on the Ann Cleeves’ books, which I have enjoyed reading

Just began  Hell on Wheels. 



reservationgirl

The_Soulful_Mr_T said:

It's quite a trip. The 1% behaving badly... just scratches the surface. 

 I'm watching it. The second season has really ramped up! Dark maybe, for those of us not socially and politically simpatico, and not full of heroes, but funny, in it's way, once you get to know the characters and the game. Well done, in any case. Still making up my mind about it, still watching it...


reservationgirl

j_r said:

It's a perfect send-up of Billions. And the writing is better. As are the female characters, although due credit to Nina Arianda. But Holly Hunter and Cherry Jones and Sarah Snook. No contest. 

Not to mention Kendall's face during the visit to the dead guy's house. 

This is classic tragedy, they didn't even need to drag in the Oedipus reference.

And  "We are here for you" was pretty funny. Then Roman gets ready to schmooze the Saudi prince and he says,"Are his loafers made out of the skins of human rights activists?" And when 'Gregory meets him in the restroom he says, " I'm such a fan of your, uh, um, money." The 'Aspen Ideas Festival' and Logan has a total meltdown hanging on to Nan's car! All these giggles, AND Holly Hunter, Cherry Jones, Sarah Snook, and they are all great, not to mention unique characters. All in all, an entertaining distraction. 


chalmers

The pay-cable small-cult show I’ve been watching is Showtime’s “On Becoming A God in Central Florida.” Kirsten Dunst is outstanding as an early ‘90s woman fighting to break out of the mess created by her husband’s obsession with a multi-level-marketing program.

It’s not for everyone and can be frustrating as it seems determined to inject all kinds of weirdness into a show that already has some pretty interesting themes.


reservationgirl

chalmers said:

The pay-cable small-cult show I’ve been watching is Showtime’s “On Becoming A God in Central Florida.” Kirsten Dunst is outstanding as an early ‘90s woman fighting to break out of the mess created by her husband’s obsession with a multi-level-marketing program.

It’s not for everyone and can be frustrating as it seems determined to inject all kinds of weirdness into a show that already has some pretty interesting themes.

 Agreed. The concept as a whole turns out to be obviously weird, but I don't think that's the problem. Gotta love Kirsten Dunst, and I think everyone is doing a great job, with what they have to work with. There's just something about the production as a whole that isn't showing the actors, or the story, in the best light. I've been watching on demand, and I'm not dying to see the end of the season. 


reservationgirl

j_r said:

Kendall's rap was a horrifying earworm!

 I think it's supposed to be


reservationgirl

Oh yes, .Succession. just keeps getting better...




In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.