How To Park Like a Tool

Thanks a lot, db, just lost an hour on that website.... : )

At Home Depot, in the PRO Parking section:

tomcat said:
At Home Depot, in the PRO Parking section:

Definitely a PRO at parking like a tool.

Large pay lot for train. Parked like this after driving the wrong way in the lot. 

Looking at the scratches & dents on the side, somehow I am not surprised.

perhaps a confused international? (Doesn’t make them safer, or excuse them but might explain what’s happening)

How’s this for silly parking??  One very expensive fast patrol car + very long very dry grass = whoosh! burnt-out police car!

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-08-29/police-chase-ends-in-bmw-patrol-car-in-flames/11461722

Ugh - could barely get inside my car parked outside Walgreens on Vauxhall Tuesday night.  Yes - I was there first!

Lyft car across TWO (2)'handicap' parking spaces.  Given the driver was in the car, I pulled in with my handicap placard (which I only use when I really need to) and parked in a regular spot facing the Lyft car so the driver could see my placard.  But, she was there too long...waiting in TWO spots.  I wouldn't have been that concerned if she was in ONE spot, after all, maybe the passenger had a disability.  There is a 3rd spot.  I didn't notice when I went in, but when I came out, that spot was partially obstructed by a car over the line from the regular spot......She saw me looking, rolled down the window and starting cursing me out......hopefully there is one less Lyft driver in the area.....as Lyft safety dept took care of her...

and there were plenty of spots in the next row, she could have pulled in forward like I did and seen her passenger come out and pulled up to meet them.

This was the CVS on Morris Ave/Union next to the Aldi.

and her inspection sticker was expired.

^^  Wow, that is just a whole new level of incredible toolness.  Handicapped space violators should be towed even while they're sitting in the car.

you would like someone is a professional role would at least not have an attitude about it.  she obviously knew she was wrong based on the way she spoke to me, but felt entitled to be a prick.  I had an issue with a PSEG truck driver once...no apparent emergency and he could have parked elsewhere......and he went off on me for nicely telling him he would be responsible for the ticket if he got caught.

Maplewood Pool parking lot

What I don’t understand is why people don’t get back in their cars and just re-park? I mean, it’s 2 mins especially when the lot is empty like that. I’d rather fix my parking than come back and find my car’s been keyed or smashed or towed...

With that last picture, my assumption would be that the driver parked that way intentionally to protect the car from dings.  Super-annoying to me, though really i should just breathe in and breathe out.  Am i out of line on this?

when a car is parked in 2 spaces, look for signs of a handicap placard (even on the dashboard)  for people that need room for a wheelchair/walker/aide to assist them, they sometimes take 2 spaces when there are none with an access aisle available.

jmitw, thanks, i will try to remember that & not get angry.  one can never be sure what someone else is dealing with.

jmitw said:

when a car is parked in 2 spaces, look for signs of a handicap placard (even on the dashboard)  for people that need room for a wheelchair/walker/aide to assist them, they sometimes take 2 spaces when there are none with an access aisle available.

Thank you - smart thinking that hadn’t occurred to me. 

Last week, a properly tagged car parked at a very sharp angle in the wider accessible bay next to me and the driver walked away unaided. (I’m not questioning her need for the permit nor her of the bay, just the very odd angle at which she left the car) It was getting dark, everyone was rushing around, she certainly wasn’t the only bad parker. 

usually the actual 'handicap' spot is the same size as the regular spots and just has a striped access aisle that NO ONE is supposed to park on, not even the person with the placard. often the access aisles are shared with the space next to it...and if someone parks on the access aisle, they may be blocking access for the car on the other side...or a walkway for other people with mobility needs.....even if the spot on the other side is not 'handicap' a person with a disability could have parked there to be next to the access aisle.  I had dated and almost married a man who used a ramp van (side door ramp).  I used a motorized wheelchair for things such as a day at the boardwalk....so I am more aware of related issues.  funny thing now is I have a friend with a huge truck, I now need the access aisle for him to help me out of the truck because I can't climb down!

mjc said:

With that last picture, my assumption would be that the driver parked that way intentionally to protect the car from dings.  Super-annoying to me, though really i should just breathe in and breathe out.  Am i out of line on this?

Clearly that ship had loooong sailed.  

tomcat said:

At Home Depot

Looks like they think they're playing Twister!

ctrzaska says: "Clearly that ship had loooong sailed."

Good point. Upon further review the bumper is dimpled, isn't it.  Sort of like...mine....

we might have winner right there.

plus they backed in! a twofer.

Once in a while, I will park and won’t quite be in the spot but not notice until I get out. I get back in the car and reposition, saying to myself, “Hell no, I won’t end up on that thread.”

Sometimes vandalism is appropriate. 

I had to park rather close to someone because even though I was admirably centered in my spot, they were not. I sucked in my gut and squeezed out my door without touching their car, but got my door nicked by them for my efforts. It was my rear door, so probably done by some mindless child, the kind who was enabled by their mindless parent. I'm sure none of them realized or cared, probably just drove off laughing and texting while driving, feeling really good about themselves.

Sorry, no funny pics. Only heartbreak...

Sundays said:

I had to park rather close to someone because even though I was admirably centered in my spot, they were not. I sucked in my and squeezed out my door without touching their car, but got my door nicked by them for my efforts. It was my rear door, so probably done by some mindless child, the kind who was enabled by their mindless parent. I'm sure none of them realized or cared, probably just drove off laughing and texting while driving, feeling really good about themselves.

Sorry, no funny pics. Only heartbreak...

I do this too, with great pleasure.  Last week somebody left me a valentine at Home Depot, calling me an a.......  Mind you, he had two wheels well over the dividing line when I parked.

Here in NYC, especially in Brooklyn, people use bike lanes as parking zones. So I got a bunch of these vandal stickers which will be hard to remove. It's a good thing I noticed the NYPD tag on a car I was about to vandalize.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.

Sponsored Business

Find Business

Advertise here!