American Water - permanently stuck in the 1990s??

Has any South Orange customer EVER been able to pay their water bill online?? I think American Water has decided that I'm simply never going to be allowed to do this. Instead, I get an errors pop-up window. For months on end. Why??

I've called and the dear lady who answers is clueless. Yes,I know there are other ways of paying. Yes, I know that the people who work at these companies are very nice people. Yes, I know this is hardly a problem of major proportions. It's just another example of how SO utilities companies kinda suck, or at least, are stuck in the early 1990s (looking at you, SO Disposal, with those tiny postcards you use for billing).

Why do Maplewood utilities companies have normal, up-to-date systems? I know they do because I moved to SO from M'wood. I miss living in the modern world where you can use f'g online bill pay!!

American water services many towns and thought they did MW as well and is  not a SO utility.

And SO disposal is not owned by the village -- it is a private company.  

Maplewood uses New Jersey American Water Company as well and I pay my bill online.

Or is American Water a different company? 

FWIW, I just pay through my bank...

Yeah, for some reason, South Orange is a world unto itself when it comes to American Water. So AW in SO has a different website and, obviously, a different payment system from the company in Maplewood. And I know that SO Disposal isn't owned by the village. I just want to know why any company in 2017 sends its bills on mini postcards that look just like magazine subscription cards, and get tossed out with the junk. 

Marylago, thank you for reminding me I can pay through my bank. I got so annoyed with being offered a function that doesn't actually function that I overlooked this simple solution. Need to refocus...but still grumpy that this stupid service doesn't work oh oh

marylago said:

FWIW, I just pay through my bank...

Me, too. Works good.

In order to add a comment – you must Join this community – Click here to do so.